Installation Advice, Please!

kanayo101

Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
Hi there!

I just was wondering if someone could double check my layout:

- DishPro with Dual LNB (this one has two separate LNB circles, not the continuous oblong one you see on wiring diagrams, is that bad?) pointing to 110 and 119, two outputs

- DishPro with single LNB pointing to 61.5 (can I use a regular non-dish pro LNB?), single output

- 3 inputs from 2 dishes feed into a DP34 switch

- one output to my PVR508 receiver

- one output to my other non-PVR DishPro receiver or to a legacy receiver using a legacy adaptor

- oh and grounding

Is that good? thanks!!

What do you want us to say if it is working it is good if it isn't working ask a question? You do have some terminology that could be clarified but that is not unusual.

Install Advice

Hi,

Sorry if I didn't make sense. This is what I'm buying but I don't want to spend the money on the receivers + dishes if this setup won't work. Please feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken

Thanks

kanayo101 said:
Hi there!

I just was wondering if someone could double check my layout:

- DishPro with Dual LNB (this one has two separate LNB circles, not the continuous oblong one you see on wiring diagrams, is that bad?) pointing to 110 and 119, two outputs

- DishPro with single LNB pointing to 61.5 (can I use a regular non-dish pro LNB?), single output

- 3 inputs from 2 dishes feed into a DP34 switch

- one output to my PVR508 receiver

- one output to my other non-PVR DishPro receiver or to a legacy receiver using a legacy adaptor

- oh and grounding

Is that good? thanks!!

ok heres the setup that will get you working...

dishpro twin lnb... 110 @ 119 Dish pro dule or single @ 61.5 (non dishpro lnb's will not work into a 34 switch cauz its a dish pro switch)

119 going into port one on 34 switch... 110 going on to port 2 and finally 61.5 going to port 3... reciver one going two your 508... reciver port two going to your legacy reciver but you need a dish pro adapter for it to work and see everything.. once you hook it up to you legacy reciver.. it will all work fine and dandy... i hope this clarifyes everything up for you..

Perfect, thanks.

On a side note, if you only need two feeds from the 110/119 dish, why do people use a quad LNB?

the dp 34 sw... was probley added after they had a quad... i know thats what is up with my switch... two ports on my quad not used... also locals could have gone to mustcarry or hdtv.. ie locals on 615.... witch would explane dp 34 and 3 orbital locations ... is a quad needed no.... twin will do u fine..

kanayo101 said:
Perfect, thanks.

On a side note, if you only need two feeds from the 110/119 dish, why do people use a quad LNB?
Quite simply, Quads are used for 2-satellite, 4 tuner setups. Non-DishPro setups can also use them to drive 2/3rds of an SW64. This is typically seen when a Quad was already installed and a second 1-bird dish had to be added for lcals or some such.

Also, on the legacy receivers, know that receivers ending in 000 (i.e. 1000, 2000, 3000, etc) will NOT work with any DP equipment nor will the DP adapter get it to work. If you have one of these receivers, you either need to stick with legacy or upgrade that specific receiver. FYI...

farmsatguy said:
Also, on the legacy receivers, know that receivers ending in 000 (i.e. 1000, 2000, 3000, etc) will NOT work with any DP equipment nor will the DP adapter get it to work. If you have one of these receivers, you either need to stick with legacy or upgrade that specific receiver. FYI...
Come again? I know the 6000 works with DishPro equipment via the adapter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)