This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Installation Advise

arcook

Original poster
Oct 6, 2007
I am planning to convert from Cable to Dish, and need a set-up for 8 rooms. Is there any advise that anyone can give to maximize the promos available.

I am planning to convert from Cable to Dish, and need a set-up for 8 rooms. Is there any advise that anyone can give to maximize the promos available.
Four rooms is max. You'll need to buy the additional four (tuners) or let the other four rooms be split/mirrored .

You'd need to buy at least two dual tuner receivers, such as the 322, which I believe are around $150-$200 each. Then you'd need two DP34's (if you can run two cables to each tuner) which are about $30-$40 each, or a DPP44(if only one cable goes to each room) which costs about $200.

AND if you want more than 2 HD TV's you will need to spring for another HD DVR receiver ($$$) or dual HD receiver that will only operate 1 HD TV (TV1)...or a single HD receiver per "extra" HDTV

So your count of HD TV's that you want to watch high definition will dramatically change the $$$ needed to get your house going....

I recommend getting the DP 44 switch as it will cut down on the spaghetti of cables needed....1 cable per room instead of 2 cables going to each receiver...