Installation Cancelled at last minute.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

belias21

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I just have to express my disappointment with DTV...
My installation was scheduled for today. As you all well know, they call and email you to the point of being obnoxious on confirming the installation date and time. They make it clear to you that, if you can't be there, to give them 24 hrs notice.

Sad thing is, they don't reciprocate.

Here I am, sitting at home and waiting for my installation, having taken a day off work. The installer calls me 30 mins in to my appt window to tell me they are backordered on HD gear.

This REALLY angers me. I understand that the equipment is in high demand. I understand that supply can't always keep up. What I can't excuse is the lack of respect for my time. The people I spoke to on the phone said that this has been a KNOWN PROBLEM. Well... how come I didn't know about it prior to install day?

I called and cancelled my order. I have no desire to do business with a company that can't be transparent with its customers.

That is all.

-Brian

Brian: I feel your pain. The Cadillac dealer did the same to me once even though I had called to confirm. The part did not come in.

If you had rescheduled instead of canceled, Directv would have given you a credit for a missed appointment. It's too bad you weren't more patient.

Hey, things happen. I imagine they've gotten swamped with the free HD offer and it caused a momentary shortage of equipment in someplaces. At least they called, when I use to be with Time-Warner cable, they'd just not show up and never say they weren't coming. One time I waited all day, and when I called they said the guy came and nobody was home which wasn't true. That's what made me switch to DirecTV.

My installation was scheduled for today. As you all well know, they call and email you to the point of being obnoxious on confirming the installation date and time. They make it clear to you that, if you can't be there, to give them 24 hrs notice.

Here I am, sitting at home and waiting for my installation, having taken a day off work. The installer calls me 30 mins in to my appt window to tell me they are backordered on HD gear.

This REALLY angers me. I understand that the equipment is in high demand. I understand that supply can't always keep up. What I can't excuse is the lack of respect for my time. The people I spoke to on the phone said that this has been a KNOWN PROBLEM. Well... how come I didn't know about it prior to install day?

I called and cancelled my order. I have no desire to do business with a company that can't be transparent with its customers.

That is all.

-Brian
Just a correction, you are upset with the install company as directv sub contracts their installs out..sounds like they didnt stock their warehouse properly and then didnt check your order to see if you had hd till the last minute...trust me D* didnt cancel your install the contracting company did, Directv wants your money :D

When a business hires someone to represent them to the public whether they are employees, contractors, agents, or whatever; those people are the business and so, yes, Directv did err on this order and as result they lose a customer.
I don't know what Brian does for a living, but, unless he works for minimum wage, $50 is not going to get close to covering the value of his lost day. Really is an insulting amount when you think about it.

That is all.

-Brian

I think you did the right thing!! I wished I had been impatient and I would not be in this 2 year nightmare with direct

Brian ,

First I like to say that we are sorry for the inconvience of having your order canceled. If you havent already done so with other reps I be more then happy to take a complaint about the installer's company for not having the fear on hand and not calling you before 24 hours to reschedule. All of which I am sure the person taking you cancelation request explained to you. Again sorry we could not handle that in a better way.

Just had my DTV installed and when they arrived one of the guys said I was lucky because they were going to call and cancel my install because their last install was a nightmare. One of the guys was a trainee and the main installer told me the trainee dropped a 55 inch tv and broke it at the previous install. Okay, so now I was getting a little nervous!!!

Anyways the main guy was pretty cool. However, the batteries on the drills die about half way through the install and they forgot to pack their spare batteries. Apparently my drills were not powerful enough for what they needed to do. Get this, the trainee told me a couple of times that he was ready to go home and have a beer. Finally, the main installer asked me if he could come back the next day and finish up after he recharged his drill batteries. Not sure if that was the case or he had enough of the trainee and wanted to finish it up himself.

I was a little bummed that it wasn't going to be finished that day but figured I would rather it be done right instead of rushing through just to get it done. The installer showed up the next morning and got things completed in a few hours.

Just my install story!

Just had an installer out today to hook up the internet connection, he asked me when I had my system installed, I told him last weekend. He asked if I had to have the installation rescheduled and I told him no. He said they are having to reschedule 3-4 times right now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts