Installation Help?

prt328

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Nomad
I am trying to set up a legit DN VIP-211HD box and it's kicking my butt! I have the 129 signal coming off a 1.8M dish and the 119 coming off a 1M dish; both have legacy dual LNB's. I have them connected with a third-party dish switch (like an SW21 but have verified it works with DN). Sat 119 into port 1, sat 129 into port 2 and reciever on the reciever port. I go to Point Dish and sometimes I get signals, sometimes I don't. I do the switch test and it can't seem to identify both satellites - only shows port 1. I've direct connected 119 w/o the switch and it works; same with 129. Introduce the switch and nothing. I have 2 of these switches and they both act the same way.

Seems there should be a "hard reset" on the VIP to start clean but can't figure that out. Also trying to avoid having to call DN to re-enable the box.

Any suggestions on what I can try? This is VERY frustrating. I came from the FTA world and making that work was easy compared to this!

hook up 119 alone run check switch,then cancel, it should ask if dish is locked thats when you say yes, it upgrades software then afterwards rehook all connections and rerun check switch . if that doesn't help you may be using a switch that is not dish compatible

and you dont want sat 110?
at any rate, the switch may be dn compatibale, but that doesnt mean it is compatible with legacy lnb's. dpp switches certainly are not.
legacy lnb's need legacy switches.
dp lnb's need dp switches.
what type of switch is it exactly?
i really think a dpp twin would be your best bet. then you could input the 129 into the dpp twin (it has an integrated switch) and get all three sattelites.
you would also need to swap the legacy dual for a dp dual to do this, but it's a very reliable setup.
the hard reset is done by unplugging the receiver
and, the software download mentioned above will appear as a prompt when you are locked on to signal from sat 119, and cancel out of the point dish screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)