Installation of a 722 to a moved location

Rod Williams

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
Huntsville, Alabama
I am soon to upgrade a 942 to a new 722 receiver. Is this a self install? I have the 942 at a "moved" address so I can get the Atlanta locals in HD. I plan on ordering the 722 on the 15th, but am not sure what I need to do. If self install I can tell Dish to send the receiver to my billing address. If not, will I need to move for a few days?

No, installers will go to the service address which you are not at. You can try to talk the csr into a self install, but most times they do not allow this for either the 622/722 (I tried this just this past week on upgrade of a second 622 and installer coulding understand why I couldn't have a self install. Best bet is to move to your current location, then move back to get Atlanta, questions not usually raised if you do the move part by signing into your account online.

Called Dish

Just thought I would pass along that I called Dish and changed the physical address to the same as my billing address. The CSR said nothing about it affecting my local stations. 3 hours later I am still getting Atlanta locals. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I am not too excited about changing all my timers.

I am getting Atlanta from Dish. I did this originally because the B'ham locals were not in HD. Even though they are available now, I am used to the Atlanta stations now. Not sure I want to lose them.

Rod Williams; said:
Just thought I would pass along that I called Dish and changed the physical address to the same as my billing address. The CSR said nothing about it affecting my local stations. 3 hours later I am still getting Atlanta locals. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I am not too excited about changing all my timers.

Are you still getting Atlanta?

No, installers will go to the service address which you are not at. You can try to talk the csr into a self install, but most times they do not allow this for either the 622/722 (I tried this just this past week on upgrade of a second 622 and installer coulding understand why I couldn't have a self install. Best bet is to move to your current location, then move back to get Atlanta, questions not usually raised if you do the move part by signing into your account online.

garys: If you don't mind me asking, how does one go about doing that online? I have my online account set up but do not see any way to change the Network Account Information address but I can change the Network Billing address?

garys: If you don't mind me asking, how does one go about doing that online? I have my online account set up but do not see any way to change the Network Account Information address but I can change the Network Billing address?

I've never done what you are asking, but I think after you change your service address under the Account Information, you then go to add programing and click on add local networks. If they don't show up after a couple of hours, then call Dish and ask what is taking so long.

I am soon to upgrade a 942 to a new 722 receiver. Is this a self install? I have the 942 at a "moved" address so I can get the Atlanta locals in HD. I plan on ordering the 722 on the 15th, but am not sure what I need to do. If self install I can tell Dish to send the receiver to my billing address. If not, will I need to move for a few days?

If you buy from Dishstore, won't he do a 3-way call with you and E* to activate the receiver? One more reason to support Dishstore.

I've never done what you are asking, but I think after you change your service address under the Account Information, you then go to add programing and click on add local networks. If they don't show up after a couple of hours, then call Dish and ask what is taking so long.
I tried logging into my account to "move" my service address but there is no way to update it. It only allows me to update my billing address. Is there no other way to do this without going through a CSR? If not, what exactly do you need to tell the CRS without making it obvious that you are not actually moving? Do you get some random address off the web to update your account? I currently receive only 3 locals and they're not really local so they don't really interest me, plus they're not even in HD. I'll be moving from North Dakota to the Salt Lake City area next month and I'd like to start getting the many HD channels E* offers in that area. If I'm able to "move", would it affect my programming guide being in a Central time zone but receiving programming from the Mountain time zone?

Last edited:
If you buy from Dishstore, won't he do a 3-way call with you and E* to activate the receiver? One more reason to support Dishstore.

Followup: E* activated my new purchased 722 yesterday at my "moved" location without the 3-way call and without a request by them for a truck roll. Even though I'd never had an HD receiver on the account before, I told the Technical CSR that I already had a Dish1000 installed, had already run a Check Switch, the Receiver had already taken a firmware download, and the activation screen was up. He had to go to his supervisor's computer to do it, but it was no problem. Great CSR experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)