Installation of Hopper 3 / Joey 2.0 next month

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

iadubber

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 27, 2012
Farley, Iowa, United States
Hello all,
In order to speed up the installation process next month I want to have all the cabling I need where I need it. I'm a bit confused on one thing. Right now I have a HWS and Joey in a basement media closet. There is only one RG6 from the attic where the dish is mounted on the roof and goes into a node in my media closet splits to the HWS and to the Joey. I have the HWS and the Joey in the same closet to distribute the HDMI through out the bedrooms and two family rooms since we don't watch both at the same time this has worked great.

I guess my question is, will the one RG6 run from the attic to the basement media closet be enough to handle a Hopper 3 and Joey 2.0 hooked up the same way my HWS/Joey is hooked up? Thanks!

Yes, as long as it's 3Ghz cable. The node you have actually uses a dual cable. The Hopper 3 uses the hybrid system the the LNBF at the dish needs to be replaced with a solo hub, using only 1 of those cables. The cabling to the receivers is the same and the functions are also the same, as far as outputs go. The Joey 2 is the same chassis and i/o's. I'm sure you'll be happy

Yes, as long as it's 3Ghz cable. The node you have actually uses a dual cable. The Hopper 3 uses the hybrid system the the LNBF at the dish needs to be replaced with a solo hub, using only 1 of those cables. The cabling to the receivers is the same and the functions are also the same, as far as outputs go. The Joey 2 is the same chassis and i/o's. I'm sure you'll be happy

Thanks for confirming! I didn't want to be up a creek when they came if I needed two lines ran for the Hopper3.

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)