Installation policy question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You'd be amazed at how dumb some customers are, and no not LAZY but sick of getting screwed by bs thats out of my control btw EVERY time he moves the boat he's in violation of directv policy - physical ADDRESS where installed

They need to come up with a way techs could do installs like this where we'd be guaranteed no charge backs.
I hate turning down installs but I hate losing money even more.

Already in place!

The physical address is a 911 street address where the bill get sent. In the rare case where a boat is the only residence the permanent slip or yacht club address is ok.
Directv already has a fine procedure in place for temporary relocation of equipment for RV use or vacation addresses.

What is needed is to insist on business ethics on the part of the Home Service Providers Directv insists on using without supervision. I can't continue without using terms like pimp and whore.....you know what I mean!

HSPs...grrrr!

Joe

btw EVERY time the boat is moved the DISH is DISCONNECTED since the DISH is MOUNTED on the dock/slip/pier or whatever. {capitalized words to make my reply more dramatic}

Yes, that too.

I did a service call for a MASTEC office where the boat owner was not present but the marina folks were present. The issue was that the pile the dish had been spiked to had been hit by a barge and then reset. The dish had been crunched and the yard wouldn't allow it back on the piling. MASTEC wanted to pay a service call ($30.00) to rewire the dock.

I think the boat owner threatened to cancel his home account unless they got the boat line working... ..so they back charged the original tech enough to trick somebody else into going back to rewire the job.

This was several years ago but the remote location was ok then...even though the boat went elsewhere. Perhapse places with another dish antenna in working order.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.