Dish Pro Lnb
DP 21 Switch
110 and 119,
Location SF Bayarea, 94089 zip.

I used the following
Elevation 45
Skew 80
Angle 151

I get locked onto 110 perfectly but I dont get any signal from 119, when selecting 119 in receiver I get "wrong satellite". 110 signal strength is between 95-105. I did check switch numerous times and also rebooted. I tried connecting the LNB(individually) directly to the receiver and checked the signal. No luck, For both LNB outputs, I get signal only from 110. It looks like my DP LNB is only tuned to 110.

I even borrowed my friends' Legacy Dual LNB and checked but still the same result no signal from 119. Any ideas please.......

Sounds like your Dish is pointed incorrect.

If you put your hand over the 119 side of your Dish, you'll notice that you loose your signal on 110. If this is the case, lower your elevation and move the Dish about degrees west, and drop the elevation 3-4 degrees.

If your getting 110 through the 110 side of the Dish, check and make sure your mast is plumb and your skew is set correctly. If it is, then check for obstructions such as Trees and buildings.

Hope this helps :)

damialok said:
I am installing a Dish 500 pointing to 110 and 119. Here is my setup,
Dish 500
Dish 301 Receiver
Dish Pro Lnb
DP 21 Switch
110 and 119,
Location SF Bayarea, 94089 zip.

I used the following
Elevation 45
Skew 80
Angle 151

I get locked onto 110 perfectly but I dont get any signal from 119, when selecting 119 in receiver I get "wrong satellite". 110 signal strength is between 95-105. I did check switch numerous times and also rebooted. I tried connecting the LNB(individually) directly to the receiver and checked the signal. No luck, For both LNB outputs, I get signal only from 110. It looks like my DP LNB is only tuned to 110.

I even borrowed my friends' Legacy Dual LNB and checked but still the same result no signal from 119. Any ideas please.......

I'd have to agree with the above poster. It's very likely you have 119 pointed at 110 and therefore not getting 119. Try moving the dish. If you look at the point dish screen and set the zip code, you can set the elevation on the dish and not change it. Make sure your mast is Plumb and level and then swing the dish around to lock on the signal. Sounds like you need to move it about 3 inches to switch satellites and pick them both up. A trick I tell techs in my office is when you run the check switch on a D500, port 1 should always be 119 and port 2 always 110. This only works on Twin and Quad lnbfs, but it's always worked for my techs.

Also, I notice you listed a DP21 and a DP lnbf. Is that a DP dual? Do you have 2 of them? DP dual is about 2 inches wide, DP twin is 4 inches wide and has 2 ports on it. You'll need 2 DP duals connected to the DP21 to make that work or a DP twin.

Thanks for the info

I am using a DP Twin(2 outputs) and had is mounted onto a 'Y' Connector. I rotated the disk to change skew by 10 deg on either side(70-100) but still no luck. Also I tried all kinds of switch configuration(and a check-switch), Port 1 ---> 110 Port 2 --> 119, Port 1 ---> 119, POrt 2 ---> 110.

I checked the mast and it perfectly plumb. I mean I installed 3-4 dish 500s and never did I get into this problem.

Claude Greiner, When I cover the 119 LNB aperture with aluminium foil, I still get the 110 signal(and channels). Its like both LNBs are picking up the same satellite, 110. I am on the 3rd floor and I have the clear southern sky(no obstructions at all).

I even borrowed a Legacy Twin LNB(and used the SW21) and checked the signal still no luck.

But today, I will try to lower the elevation by 3-4 degress but I bet I will not get any signal. Will let you know. Thanks for all the sugesstions.

Punching in your zip on my box says you should be pointing at 151 (azimuth), elevation should be 45 and skew 80. Don't change the skew or elevation. Also, don't use the 21 switch if you are using a Twin LNBF. I assume you are pointing with the point dish screen and not a meter. With the mast plumb and level and skew at 80, elevation at 45, slowly rotate the dish to the Southeast till you get a lock. Once you do, run a check switch to make sure you have them both then fine tune it.

If this don't work with the DP twin, use the Leg twin, but again, don't use the 21 switch. Only purpose for a 21 switch is to combine two seperate LNBs, usually 2 duals or a twin and a dual.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)