Installation Problem!!

jcljr166

Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
My Current Set-up:

DPPro 1000 Dish
One dual tuner DVR receiver supporting two tvs.
One dual tuner non-dvr receiver supporting two receivers.

The installer ran two lines from the dish, each line going into a DPD2 switch and from each DPD2 switch runs 2 lines (total of 4) going inside to the tvs.

I receive satellite signals 110, 119, and 121.

I purchased a a DPP44 switch so that I could add a 3rd receiver. The third receiver is a dual tunar HD DVR ViP 622.

How I conncted:

I ran the two lines from the dish into the DPP44 switch. (Left hand side)

I ran two the lines that have the two DPD2 switches from the DPP44 switch (Right hand side) that feed inside the house.

I ran the new line from the DPP44 switch (bottom) to the power inserter, then into a seperator at the 622 receiver that connects TV1 and TV2.

The Problem:

I cannot receive all three satelitte signals to any TV.

Dish Network says I need to run a third line from the dish to the DPP44 switch and then add a diplexor just before the receiver.

I questioned this because I'm able to receive all three satellite signals without running a third line from the dish in the initial set up. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

You not following DISH"S instructions. Your original setup used a DPP Twin that has an input for the third satellite, when you use a DPP44 you remove the 3rd satellite line from the DPP Twin and connect it to the DPP44. You also do not receive the 121 satellite, with a 1000 dish you receive 129.

To the OP...Dish is correct. The DPP Twin LNB has an internal switch that combines all 3 satellite locations and then allows two outputs.

You will need to run another cable from your DPP44 switch to the DP Dual that is occupying the "129" slot. You should be able to read "129" on the plastic bracket that is supporting both the twin and dual LNBs

Newbie here with same problem....can't get sat 129 through DPP-44 switch, but without I can get it.

I understand about running a new line to the 129 LNB.

But....can't you just remove the jumper from the 129 lnb to the twin, and disconnect the second drop at the twin and move it over to the 129....thus having 1 line bringing down 110/119, and the other 129? Since I have a DPP-44 why do I need 2 drops bringing down 110/119?

I'm thinking that will work and save me the work of running another line from the roof on down to the junction box.

Any help here will be appreciated. I installed this 3rd receiver and the dpp-44 and this stupid problem has caused me hours of headache. I wish I knew about this forum last night.
Thanks

No, you can't do that. You have to run a line from each LNBF to the DPP44. So if you have 110, 119 and 129 then you need three inputs to the DPP44.

No, you can't do that. You have to run a line from each LNBF to the DPP44. So if you have 110, 119 and 129 then you need three inputs to the DPP44.
Correct. The reason is because the DPPTwin internal switch is disabled when the outputs are connected to an external switch (like the DPP44).

Well that brings up another question.

When I do a switch check I thought I saw port1 of switch has 110/119, and port 2 has 110/119....or am I remembering incorrectly?

Why is each port showing both sats. What woul a switch check show with just one input connected?

Don't know what you saw. But either way, it has to be done as stated above. It will not work properly unless you have 3 runs to the DPP44. Sorry, you're just going to have to run another line.

Understood. I shoudl have read your posts a little closer...that the internal switch is disbaled when a DPP-44 is detected. Makes sense to me now.

Well, up to the roof I go. At least I now my not so cheap switch and other equipment is functioning correctly...just a little further to go.

Thanks VERY much for the great information and quick replies.

Just an update....and word of thanks.

I finished running that 3rd line down from the Dish 1000 and immediately the switch checks showed all three satellites perfectly on all 3 receivers.

Funny thing....when I got up to the roof the jumper from the single LNB to the twin had a splice in it around the back of the dish. All I had to do was disconnect and connect the new drop to the end that went to the single LNB. Obviously the dish installer set this up purposely so this 3rd line could be added easily without having to "fish the dish" and/or take everything apart if you know what I mean.

Everything works great now. No more kids arguing. I'll have peace. Thanks for the quick help and answers. What a great place this is. I've already spent a few hours reading over this place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)