Installation Problems

Funny thing about your 625 recovery issue. I just left a house today that was installed a few days ago. Same situation. Damn receiver would occasionally reboot for no reason. And of course...the darned thing was behaving properly when I got there; such is the case with these sort of things.

Back to your separator issue. I've personally found the smaller separators to be more reliable. Doesn't make sense. In my feeble mind, I would've thought the larger ones were more durable. In either case, I'm happy for you (and my ego..hehehe) that it was only the separator.

Funny thing about your 625 recovery issue. I just left a house today that was installed a few days ago. Same situation. Damn receiver would occasionally reboot for no reason. And of course...the darned thing was behaving properly when I got there; such is the case with these sort of things.

Back to your separator issue. I've personally found the smaller separators to be more reliable. Doesn't make sense. In my feeble mind, I would've thought the larger ones were more durable. In either case, I'm happy for you (and my ego..hehehe) that it was only the separator.

Yeah, that was a good call. Thanks. I just don't know why everything that could possibly go wrong went wrong, after all the work I did on it. It looks real good from the outside tho(despite? not being grounded). All you can see is the Dish. The cables are well hidden. By the time I'm done replacing the 625, getting their new tv set up and showing them how to use the DVR,I'll probably have about 9 hours in the job. That averages out to about 16$ hour without figuring materials in. I guess it's not bad, but I probably could have done 3 (normal) 4 rooms in that time.

such is life. I guess it could have been worse.

update2

It's done! The job is done, they bought a 19" Magnavox plasma for the TV in the upstairs living room and a channel search picked it up right away. Crystal clear. I had to use extra splitters to move the antenna to the living room to get the remote to work in both rooms but I wasn't there an hour. New 625 works like gangbusters. I got a 20$ tip and I can sleep tonight. Thanks Webbydude and everybody else for the help.

By the way, these had to be the nices customers I have ever had the pleasure of botching a job for. :) very understanding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)