Installation question and 622. Please help!

blocker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 17, 2006
I ordered my HD package yesterday together with 622, which the CSR said will delay the installation for more than 10 days. I'm excited but also worried, and I hate to wait.

I never had dish service before, and there are several tall trees around my apt. It seems to me that the dish has to be placed on a 20-foot steel pole. So I have the following questions:

1. Does it have to be ABSOLUTELY clear in the direction the dish faces? Would a couple tree branches matter?

2. Should I cancel the 622 and get the dish installed first? I think I can always go for an upgrade, right?

3. Should I call and tell CSR that the technicians should come with a 20-feet steel pole? Will there be extra charge?

Desperately need your advice/opinions. Many thanks!

Go for the 622 it rocks!!! As for trees I have had a dish pointed straight into a bunch of trees and it picked up the signal fine. The only thing you might worry on is the signal strength of the 129 satellite which is where all the HD channels are. But go for it!!! and enjoy

Jason

Thanks! Do you mean 119 instead of 129?

sunfire01 said:
Go for the 622 it rocks!!! As for trees I have had a dish pointed straight into a bunch of trees and it picked up the signal fine. The only thing you might worry on is the signal strength of the 129 satellite which is where all the HD channels are. But go for it!!! and enjoy

Jason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)