Installation question (general)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I had Directv come do the movers program for us yesterday. Doesn't standard installation include running the cables so they look professionally installed? We have cables going across our carpet and they didnt even make the outside look too professional. I came home last night and nearly tripped on the one going to our bedroom.

It doesn't say anything about making it look professional. :(

I don't know where Pete (PSB) is. he installed DIrectTv so he would know

Probably out doing an install :)

Thats the problem there are not mant pros left, a lot of speed freaks, but thats the way they want it, I just returned from a single MPEG2 install, I started at 9am and finished at 11:30am and finally got away at 2:30 as I stopped and talked to the customer at length about the history and culture of his home country, I think I have the best job in the world, but my bank manager does not think so!

Call them up and tell them you are not too happy with the install, tell them you mentioned to a licensed installer, here at Satelliteguys.us with 10,000 members and they will be right round to fix it, never sign a work order unless you are 110% happy!

So you're saying they should have made all the cables look neat and run around the doorways and such?

Fssiii Atlanta ,ga

No That Is Not The Way An Istall Is To Be Done, An Install Is To Be To The Customes Satisfaction, Cable Running Along The Floor That May Be Tripped On Is To The Customers Request, But Customerily, The Installer Is To Run The Wires In A Neat A Professional Manner. In My 4 Years As An Installer That Is Not Acceptable, Please Have Your Satellite Provider Be Advised Of Your Situation And Danger, And Allow Them To Fix That Problem, Most Instllers Would Not Do Such A Thing, Please Have That Problem Fixed, For You And Your Spouse,animal, Or Childeres Safety

Mr T, Fssiii

bigbark34 said:
No That Is Not The Way An Istall Is To Be Done, An Install Is To Be To The Customes Satisfaction, Cable Running Along The Floor That May Be Tripped On Is To The Customers Request,

Mr T, Fssiii

Never EVER EVER EVER are you allowed to run wires across a doorway or hallway, you MAY feed the wires underneath the carpet, but never across the top of it. Neutron, call the company that did the install, let them know that you have a friend with OSHA that will be very interested in the wires running across doorways , and I promise they will be out to fix it for you.

and yes neutron, it is supposed to look neat, there is no reason for sloppy cable runs.

Neutron said:
I had Directv come do the movers program for us yesterday. Doesn't standard installation include running the cables so they look professionally installed? We have cables going across our carpet and they didnt even make the outside look too professional. I came home last night and nearly tripped on the one going to our bedroom.

Neutron
what company did you install was ky satellite cause i have seen some of there work Just wondering who did your install? What company did you go thought to get this done?
Cause this is totally unacceptable.

You should have seen what my Dish Network guy did. I told him to put the dish up as high as he could on the west side of my brand new house. The moron put it up as high as he could reach (approx. 5' of the ground) I was so pissed, I know he had a ladder with him and could have put it about 12' off the ground. Now some dumbass with probrably come steal my two dishes when im sleeping. IDIOT!!!

Just goes to show you (us), if you want something done right anymore............

cl1986 said:
You should have seen what my Dish Network guy did. I told him to put the dish up as high as he could on the west side of my brand new house. The moron put it up as high as he could reach (approx. 5' of the ground) I was so pissed, I know he had a ladder with him and could have put it about 12' off the ground. Now some dumbass with probrably come steal my two dishes when im sleeping. IDIOT!!!

As much as people seem to be worried about dish theft, and keeping their dishes up high.... in my 7 plus years as a dealer/installer, I have NEVER seen, or had a call on, a stolen dish. Whats REALLY good is when I get the customers who want the dish up as high as possible so they can get the "best signal possible" Yep, those extra 10 feet sure will help the signal when traveling 22,000 miles! :D :D

As much as people seem to be worried about dish theft, and keeping their dishes up high.... in my 7 plus years as a dealer/installer, I have NEVER seen, or had a call on, a stolen dish. Whats REALLY good is when I get the customers who want the dish up as high as possible so they can get the "best signal possible" Yep, those extra 10 feet sure will help the signal when traveling 22,000 miles!

idodishez said:
As much as people seem to be worried about dish theft, and keeping their dishes up high.... in my 7 plus years as a dealer/installer, I have NEVER seen, or had a call on, a stolen dish. Whats REALLY good is when I get the customers who want the dish up as high as possible so they can get the "best signal possible" Yep, those extra 10 feet sure will help the signal when traveling 22,000 miles!
I am needing to move my dish from 4' to about 20' ... my neighbors tree had a growth spurt this summer cost me about 5% signal strength overall, I can see where this guy is coming from, perhaps this is why he wanted it higher.

Forget about being nice because this installer is clearly breaking the rules of installation. Also OSHA would have a field day about this because leaving a wire being walked on is a fire risk among other things. Very serious.

I would take pictures of your install and call the company that you get service from such as Dish Network or DirecTV and tell them what was done and say you will call OSHA and they will get this done quickly. They don't want OSHA crawling over their necks because it would make them look bad and they don't want this trust me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)