Installation Question

joebeenimble

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
I just bought a new house... the cable tv line from the road is run underground to the middle of the yard where there is a junction box. The cable then continues underground the the wiring hub underneath the stairwell.

Question... when I set up my dish... can I just tie into that junction box to obtain a dish signal at the hub under the stairwell?

OR... do I have to run an entirely new line under the house directly to the wiring hub.

Please tell me it is the former and not the latter!!!

Thanks,
Joe

As long as there is a connection at the junction box going to the hub, you can do that. However, you need a line from the satellite antenna to every receiver you are installing so you cannot just run one cable into the house and then split the signal to different receivers. If you are installing multiple receivers you will need to run more than one cable to your hub. Why don't you tell us exactly what receivers and dish antenna you are installing? Are you still going to be using cable? If so, that presents another complication in that you will need to diplex the cable and sat signals.

Good idea...

I have a Dish 1000... running a VIP 722.

I will only need HD on one tv... SD ok (mirrored) on all other tvs.

Also, I just met with a Dish install guy... here is an interesting senerio that I would very much appreciate you all weighing in on:

The cable box out in the yard shows one service line buried underground going to the house. However, both the pool house and main house have service lines coming from somewhere. This leads me to believe that the service line was split somewhere. The weirder thing is that the pool house shows two main service lines coming in... one connects to the pool house cable drops, the other loops back into the ground to go goodness-knows-where. The main house only has one service line that comes in and connects to the main house cable box HUB.

My question is this... anyone have any idea what is going on here with all of the service lines in the houses, but only one service line out in the yard? Does it split somewhere and I just haven't found it?

Thanks in advance.

Is it possible that the line runs from the box in the yard to the pool house, then is split at the pool house to continue off to the main house?

That is what I think, but I cannot find where it splits. I am meeting with the guy who built the house today... maybe he will have some insight on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts