Installation Question

jdp328

Original poster
May 29, 2005
Dish installer onsite to do installation. I've asked him to hook up existing Voom's OTA antenna with Dish. He told me I'll be charged $15 for a Diplexor (4 needed). I have 942 and 811 receivers.

Total extra charge of $60 for Diplexors. Does this sounds right?

Unfortunately, I'd have to say yes. Just because that some retailers DO charge extra for items that go above and beyond the install of the Dish system.

Just to help your piece of mind, I'd try calling up Dish and see if they can get you another retailer/installer to complete the install without the additional charges for the diplexors

Considering that the installation of the OTA is NOT a part of the installation, and that he would have to do extra work, then it is not unreadonable for him to charge for the diplexors. Since we installers can get them fairly cheap, he's probably marking them up a little to make some cash for the installation. However, keep in mind that if you are uncertain of how to do it yourself, $60 is not a bad price for what he is doing.

if you think about it too, he probably just isn't charging for the diplexers, he is probably including the labor to cut the wires to insert the diplexers, and the connectors he is using, plus the time he is taking to do that for you

$60.00 isn't bad, if he's with an RSP, that's standard. They charge you $60.00 installer gets $5.00 a piece for installing them and RSP gets the rest.

$5.00 apiece to install them !!!!!!!
Man, all I ever got was the short end of the stick. EVERY part of our installs were standard. OTA antenna is extra, but guess how much I ever saw for hookin' one up??? $0.00

DIGITAL DISH %!0~$

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)