Installation Question

drock85

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
Hi,
I'm planning on getting the 622 in Feb. I understand that they'll give me a dish 1000 or a second dish. I live in PA so I'll probably need a second dish. My question is will they have to run another wire to my house or can they run the second signal through the current wire that's running to my house already? Sorry if this is a confusing question.

drock85 said:
Hi,
I'm planning on getting the 622 in Feb. I understand that they'll give me a dish 1000 or a second dish. I live in PA so I'll probably need a second dish. My question is will they have to run another wire to my house or can they run the second signal through the current wire that's running to my house already? Sorry if this is a confusing question.
Only one wire per receiver into your house. The signals are combined at a switch, and the switch has a separate cable going to each receiver. Using a DPP separator at the receiver, the cable will feed both tuners in the 622.

Last edited:
oh ok. I knew that there was a switch built into the LNB for the 500 dish. But I wasn't sure how it worked for the 61.5 dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)