installation question

rockcandymountain

Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
Part of the reason I switched from being a cable subscriber for 20 yrs to Dish Network was so that I could take a dish with me when I go camping.

I have a system that has the DP Plus 500 dish and the 522 and 322 recievers.

Im wondering that if I get another matching dish, can I take the 322 and put it in my RV and tune a dish with it?

Or would I need to take the 522 in order to tune into satellites?

system info

Ok heres what I come up with on the system info page.

a. Status: Good
b. 5 over 3
c. DISH Player-DVR 522
software: L414
d. ROO 6471 8355-64
SOO 8163 0956-72
e. Satellite 119 110
signal green on both
h. Device: DPP Twin, Twin (1) Twin (2)

So, I have no idea what most of this stuff means. Does the 322 receiver have software in it that will allow me to tune it to a dish all by itself? Is so, would it be the same way I'd tune in the 522?

With a dual tuner receiver you need 2 lines from a Legacy or Dish Pro LNB or 1 line from a DPP Twin LNB with a separator. For camping you really should have gotten a single tuner receiver, and for camping the DVR is a bad choice because the HARD DRIVE can be damaged by jostling while it is spinning.

Get yourself a Dish 500 along with a DPP Twin LNB. Use the 322, as boba pointed out 522 is a bad choice to lug around.

IDEALLY I would use a 301/311 along with a legacy/Dish Pro twin.

This question I wanted to know was can I take the 322 from my system and use it with another dish? Or with the system I have522/322 does the aiming of hte dish HAVE to be done through the 522?

This question I wanted to know was can I take the 322 from my system and use it with another dish? Or with the system I have522/322 does the aiming of hte dish HAVE to be done through the 522?

you can line up a dish off of ANY dish network receiver... they all have the same signal strength screen

yes, you can take your 322 and use it on the road

Part of the reason I switched from being a cable subscriber for 20 yrs to Dish Network was so that I could take a dish with me when I go camping.

I have a system that has the DP Plus 500 dish and the 522 and 322 recievers.

Im wondering that if I get another matching dish, can I take the 322 and put it in my RV and tune a dish with it?

Or would I need to take the 522 in order to tune into satellites?

The best thing to do is contact dishnetwork and let them tell you if the equipment you have will work on the road. i believe you will have to have something else in order to view your channels on the road, but check with them and let them tell you. ;)

Ok, I finally got around to trying to assemble my dish.

Im assuming that I onjly need one coaxial connection at the LNB. Is this correct? If so, which conector? 1 or 2?
Then after threading the coax through the mounting arm I will need to screw the coax into the input side of the DP Plus seperator that I purchased, correct?

Ive tryed several searches to see if I can find a PDF file of a installation for this set up and have come up empty. Im sure if I could find a step by step install guide, i wouldnt have all of these newbie questions.

As long as your LNB is a DP Plus, just connect it to port 1. Then take the single line of coax and connect it to the seperator.

I suggest buying at least a cheap satellite meter, and a decent compass. This will greatly ease dish aiming while traveling.

I asked this questiuon yesterday but I cant see where it got posted. Who knows what I may have done wrong. So, I'll ask again. Im trying to figure the coax routing for this install. The LNB (if thats what its called) has 3 coax connectors on it labelled 1,2, and line-in. If Im attaching this dish to a 322 reciever, Im assuming my connection should go from #1 to the input side of the DP plus serarator i bought. Then from the separator to the back of the 322 where there are two satellite in connectors. Once I have all connections made is there an information thread on here that will walk me through the aiming/tuning process?

For camping you really should have gotten a single tuner receiver, and for camping the DVR is a bad choice because the HARD DRIVE can be damaged by jostling while it is spinning.

I personally use a 522 in my RV. I've never had a problem with the hard drive, but of course, it's never on why traveling. You just have to make sure the reciever has been off for a minute or so before moving the vehicle. For me it makes a great RV solution because if you happen to get a camp site that has really tall trees, or if you are camping over night and don't want to connect a dish, you can always pull up the DVR list and watch any prerecorded shows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)