Installation

That is 100% incorrect. Dish supplies component and hdmi cables for 211 and 622 installs. If it doesnt get brought to the customers house it is either because the technician is selling them on the side or their warehouse cant keep their inventory up. I have never done a job that i didnt have the cables for.

HUH?!?

Now who is the one that is "incorrect"? I've never ever EVER seen HDMI cables being supplied in any 211 or 622 receiver I've installed. And the only reason component cables are included with my 211/622 installs is because the RSP I work with is kind enough to supply them. Did they have to do this or were mandated by Dish? No. Simply put, they found it's easier to pacify the "something for nothing" crowd with a few dollar item such as component cables.

Look at it this way. Not every HD television is going to have HDMI. I'd dare say close to 30 percent of the HD televisions I've hooked up to don't have that sort of input. DVI or components only. If you want HDMI, may I recommend making a run to Wally Mart or peruse one of the discount websites for el cheapo HDMI cables

In-house technicians do supply hdmi/componet cables on HD installs, free of charge. They do not come inside the box of a 211/622, they are seperate. Warehouse's can and do run out of inventory as mentioned throughout this thread.

Before Scott's post in the above link, you most likely had componet cables delivered, not hdmi -- especially on 211's.

If an in-house tech is selling cables, that's another ballpark.

In-house technicians do supply hdmi/componet cables on HD installs, free of charge. They do not come inside the box of a 211/622, they are seperate. Warehouse's can and do run out of inventory as mentioned throughout this thread.

Before Scott's post in the above link, you most likely had componet cables delivered, not hdmi -- especially on 211's.

If an in-house tech is selling cables, that's another ballpark.

Regardless. One would think an RSP would be subject, and as such adhere to, DNS rules and guidlines. That's especially true when it comes to pole-mounts. Anhow, back on topic...my contacts within said RSP have not heard of this memo. With that said, I do apologize if this is indeed a true condition of Dish currently. :eek:

I have never seen a 622 or 211 come with an HDMI or component cable in the box. The old 6000, 811 and some 411's came with component cables.

There is NO component or HDMI cables inside a brand new 622 or 211 receiver and whoever says there is, is lying. I have never and I mean never seen cables included in a brand new box.

Well, they do include the old standard RCA RWY cable and an S-video cable, and a short 75-ohm patch, and even a phone cable IIRC. But not the "meaty" stuff one would expect with an high-end HD DVR. My 811 came with component cables, but my 622 was packaged only with what I mentioned above (plus the UHF antenna, attenuator, and the separator)...

Well, they do include the old standard RCA RWY cable and an S-video cable, and a short 75-ohm patch, and even a phone cable IIRC. But not the "meaty" stuff one would expect with an high-end HD DVR. My 811 came with component cables, but my 622 was packaged only with what I mentioned above (plus the UHF antenna, attenuator, and the separator)...

The last few dish installs I have done, I noticed that the 75 ohm patch cable is not included anymore. Just like Directv has been doing for sometime, even the 311's

I just want to pass this on to everyone about the component cables coming with the 622 and 211. I just got my 622 and 211 without component cables, so I called Dish and they said I was indeed supposed to receive component cables for both, so they are sending me two component cables in the mail at no cost to me.

I just want to pass this on to everyone about the component cables coming with the 622 and 211. I just got my 622 and 211 without component cables, so I called Dish and they said I was indeed supposed to receive component cables for both, so they are sending me two component cables in the mail at no cost to me.

Rather curious. Did you mention and/or ask about the availability of the supposed HDMI cables?

You guys amaze me, the HD receivers don't come with any component cables.
Wrong buddy, Dish does include the component cables with the current HD receivers but they are not in the box, they are shipped seperately to each dish network service center and is the responsibility of the technician to ask for them each morning if they have a work order that calls for any hd receiver installation that day, I know this for a fact because I worked for them until May of last year. Any retailer that is not including these cables that dish sends out and is instead selling them to the customer is taking advantage of the customer period.

The HDMI cables are not included, HDMI is the computer port looking cable while the component looks like the old style RCA A/V cables you get with your vcr's though with diferent color scheme, as an above poster said and has verified these cables are supposed to be included as part of the installation and or upgrade and if you want to verify this then call dish yourself.

The HDMI cables are not included, HDMI is the computer port looking cable while the component looks like the old style RCA A/V cables you get with your vcr's though with diferent color scheme, as an above poster said and has verified these cables are supposed to be included as part of the installation and or upgrade and if you want to verify this then call dish yourself.

You see, I thought so too. But if what Scott posted in another thread (it was referenced and linked earlier in this post), then all the DNS and RSP offices *should* also have the HDMI cables readily available.

Dish has never supplied the HDMI cables at all what so ever, they were never intended to be a part of the package due to the cost of the cables and probably wont be until HDMI becomes the only video input on tv's wich it probably wont. I would seriously doubt that Charlie would want to give away another $100 on each hd install / upgrade considering that the only equipment that they charge for now is the high end boxes like the 622's. What other company includes HDMI cables with its boxes? I have never seen them included with any comcast, TWC, charter, wide open west or directv boxes at all and to do so would probably end up setting a nasty precedence and give people the idea that they can get more expensive stuff for free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)