Installer coming on Saturday

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zzandrewst

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
South Carolina
I've got an installer coming by on Saturday to install EA and I was wondering if it is possible for me to keep my old dish when they replace the old one. I don't want to rip the installer off or anything like that, I would be willing to pay for it if it was available at a decent price. Or, do you think that they would be willing to just give it to me? I would provide a decent tip to the installer if he would give me the old dish. What is the best way to go about this?

It is possible, but it depends on the situation and the installer. I had a two dish setup, 110/119 and 61.5. When I upgraded to eastern arc, I asked the installer to leave the old setup there. I told him that I wanted to reactivate my 501 receiver at some point in the future, so he left my old setup there too. Now I have 3 dishes on my house. I probably won't really use my 501 anymore but I wanted to keep the old dishes and LNBs.

The installer doesn't care if you want the dish - it's yours it was bolted to your house and considered your property. He may need the LNB though. Some techs are required to bring the LNBF back as proof, or something to RA back to Dish to show the job is completed.

Maybe he has a LNB on his truck he could use as "proof" - or if you tip him nicely, he would probably be able to set you up with a new LNB.

Wish I had more customers like you - most want me to take the dish with me - and get upset when I tell them I'm not.

If your dish is like mine he will probably let you have it. After years of service you can hardly read due to fading

It is possible, but it depends on the situation and the installer. I had a two dish setup, 110/119 and 61.5. When I upgraded to eastern arc, I asked the installer to leave the old setup there. I told him that I wanted to reactivate my 501 receiver at some point in the future, so he left my old setup there too. Now I have 3 dishes on my house. I probably won't really use my 501 anymore but I wanted to keep the old dishes and LNBs.

I'm planning on using the dish on my camper during part of the year, but I guess I could take down the dish from the room and use it for my camper if I could get him to leave it on the house. I will ask the installer about it; it never hurts to ask!

The installer doesn't care if you want the dish - it's yours it was bolted to your house and considered your property. He may need the LNB though. Some techs are required to bring the LNBF back as proof, or something to RA back to Dish to show the job is completed.

Maybe he has a LNB on his truck he could use as "proof" - or if you tip him nicely, he would probably be able to set you up with a new LNB.

Wish I had more customers like you - most want me to take the dish with me - and get upset when I tell them I'm not.

Well, that's great news! Hopefully it will work out like this! Thanks for the info!

When I had my installation do I had an old Dish 500 dish in the garage - left over from my Bell ExpressVU installation. I asked if they wanted it and was told it would just go into the scrap pile since they don't reuse old dishes. Maybe I can turn it into a bird bath.

When I had my installation do I had an old Dish 500 dish in the garage - left over from my Bell ExpressVU installation. I asked if they wanted it and was told it would just go into the scrap pile since they don't reuse old dishes. Maybe I can turn it into a bird bath.

I always just figured they reused them, they put one up on my house that had a huge scratch down it.

When my EA install was done, he left all my old stuff. And he had an old superdish in the van from a previous upgrade job that day, gave me that too.

He was quite impressed with my dish farm.

If it were my W/O I would try to use the 61.5 mast install support arms and do any thing you want with the other dishes. Reason no holes, short mast reduces the cantilever for the larger dish and support arms so the dish will not move. I would need a LNB to return as a recovered part (ck cost on line).

When I upgraded to EA from the 2 dish 61.5/110/119 setup last February, the installer left all of the old stuff. Dishes and LNB's. The old dishes were on the snow covered roof and he didn't want to go up there. The new dish is mounted on a pole in the yard.

Is that old stuff worth anything?

If it were my W/O I would try to use the 61.5 mast install support arms and do any thing you want with the other dishes. Reason no holes, short mast reduces the cantilever for the larger dish and support arms so the dish will not move. I would need a LNB to return as a recovered part (ck cost on line).

I currently have two dishes installed on the roof, I previously had a 1000.4 and a 61.5 up there, but they took down the 100.4 and added an extra 61.5, so I now have two 61.5's up there. No telling what they will do tomorrow, I guess it all depends on if they set me up to EA or WA

Installer just left. He set me up with a 1000.4 pointing at EA. The only thing is that he did not set me up to receive the SD version of my locals, which are on 110. It's really no big deal because I never watch those channels unless the HD version is out for some reason. Should he have hooked up a 500 pointing at 110 for those SD locals or not?

He did let me keep my old 500 dish though!

Why didn't he

Installer just left. He set me up with a 1000.4 pointing at EA. The only thing is that he did not set me up to receive the SD version of my locals, which are on 110. It's really no big deal because I never watch those channels unless the HD version is out for some reason. Should he have hooked up a 500 pointing at 110 for those SD locals or not?

He did let me keep my old 500 dish though!

He should of pointed the to 110 and put it into the input port on the 1000.4. It's a whatever are their SD LIL that are not in the HD group?

The tech did it right. From what I've been told the engineers at Dish feel a 1000.4 with a 110 wing dish could cause a problem with the receivers reading the channels that are shared by both the EA satellites and the 110 Sat. I've also been told by different CSRs that they can't even.create this system on a work order.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)