Installer Question

nitstalker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Ok... I have a question for the installer types here....

They are coming to install my 211 (and hookups for the 622 for when it ships)

I have a dish500, and they are gonna add a dish for 61.5 and put in an off air antenna...

I want to run coax so I can fish them through the wall before they arrive so they dont just drill a hole in the floor....

How many cables to where the reciever is should I run?

Also Im assuming they will have to install a different switch

Where would they put that? Attic or crawl space

Thanks

Stephen

Is a retailer doing this work?

As far as I know Dish does not install OTA antennas. Also DNSC techs will not install lines for receivers that are not there to activate (because they are not paid for it).

Can't answer the rest for your questions because I need more info regarding what all you have in your system, and what your house is like, and how the lines are run to receivers now.

Dish now offers an HD Over The Air Antenna install for the ViP recievers... Also the work order states to install for a 622 but I am going to just hook up a 211 until the 622 ships to me (and rma the 211)

my complete (new) system...

Dish 500 110/119
Dish for 61.5
Off Air Antenna
Cable TV

622 in living room
510 in master bedroom
Cable TV & second feed of 622 throughout the rest of the house....

Currently lines come off dish, go under house... one goes to living room(where there is currently a 510), one to bedroom (where there is currently a 301)... And the installer did a botched up job... didnt measure cables right and has 3 barrels in line... Line 1 of dish has combiner/separator for cable tv...
House is a single story rancher with attic access and crawl space (dirt) access

I dont know who the installer is... arranged through dish executive offices

Last edited:
Because of your cable and the OTA antenna the installer will mostlikly need to install a new line to the 211, then from the 211 to the second outlet for the soon to be installed 622. Be sure to clear with dish that you will want to swap the 211 for the 622 in the future. GET IT IN Writing you may will have a problem dong the swap if you dont or they will charge you an up grade fee. When ever you run lins in a house run them all to 1 spot. the spot should be near a grounding location.

The dish should get a new LNB DPP Twin so the 622 will only need 1 line.

nitstalker said:
Ok... I have a question for the installer types here....

They are coming to install my 211 (and hookups for the 622 for when it ships)

I have a dish500, and they are gonna add a dish for 61.5 and put in an off air antenna...

I want to run coax so I can fish them through the wall before they arrive so they dont just drill a hole in the floor....

How many cables to where the reciever is should I run?

1 cable to the 211 and 1 or 2 to the 611 depends on the switch. If a DPP switch is used only 1 line to the 611. You will also need 1 line from the OTA to each reciever that needs locals.

Also Im assuming they will have to install a different switch

Mostly likely a DPP 44.

Where would they put that? Attic or crawl space

I would place it in the area cloest to the middle of both recievers.

Thanks

Stephen

I would get ride of the barrel connections personally. If you use barrels make sure they are of 3.0 GHz varity.

I think you will find that things are not going to be the way you want when that installer gets there. I know someone may have told you that they will do this and that, but I know what Dish work orders look like. It won't say install a 211 but do the install for a 622.

The tech will be sent with a work order to install a 211, and thats all he will be paid for. They don't get anything extra for setting up future upgrades, and Dish does not setup work orders for future upgrades. How can they when you could say nah I changed my mind I am just going to keep the 211, then Dish or the installer is out time and parts.

I am going to check on the OTA antenna thing. Do you have anyplace that states the Dish will install an OTA antenna?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)