Installer Questions

IF you don't want to work in the winter you better go to Florida or Texas. Otherwise you work no matter how bad the weather is. THis comes form a guy sitting at home with a busted leg after falling off a roof.
What were you doing on a roof? I have taken not one but two tumbles. Fortunately both were single story and I happened to have my fall broken by shrubbery. I no longer go on roofs where the pitch is greater than an 8/12...That's about 25 degrees.

What were you doing on a roof? I have taken not one but two tumbles. Fortunately both were single story and I happened to have my fall broken by shrubbery. I no longer go on roofs where the pitch is greater than an 8/12...That's about 25 degrees.

Come join the installer zone and find out the details ;)

25 degrees, ummm..... nope.

Under a bridge in Calaveras county. The leaky end of the bridge.
Jeez. How far from the Bay area does one have to go to be able to afford to live on a "regular guy' salary? I really don't know how people get by out there.
$3.50/gal for gas. Taxes out the wazoo. Ridculous anti- business regulations. 1000 square foot homes for $500,000 that qualify as detached apartments. Expensive everything. Earthquakes. Wild fires. AHHHnold. Crips. Bloods.

well look for retailers around you they always need help i make around 80$ first reciever and 20$ any extra tuner . i supply all . i need only half day to do at least 3 install if busy (sometimes more sometimes 2 ,1 or nothing ) and go home .

well look for retailers around you they always need help i make around 80$ first reciever and 20$ any extra tuner . i supply all . i need only half day to do at least 3 install if busy (sometimes more sometimes 2 ,1 or nothing ) and go home .
How many hours is "half a day"?How much drive time on average does your typical work day include? I usally cover about 100 miles in a day or more which is about 2 - 3 hrs of driving. There's no way I can do 3 complete installs( all hardwired) in 'half a day"? any tricks or short cuts would be greatly appreciated.
I spend a lot of time with customers going over their work orders because many are incorrect or rates quoted are not what the customer is going to pay. I also spend time explaining to customers how the job is going to be completed. This is typical in this area as customers are very picky about aesthetics. I must do this in order to cover myself because we get customers who will after the fact complain to Dish(trouble call) that the receivers are not where they wanted them or we didn't connect their home theatre system which sitting in a box in another room. Or they suddenly don't like how the cables were run/location of the dish. Our supervissor actualy had to go to a customer's house to explain that we are not responsible for installing the home theatre EQ.
On homes that are prewired jobs do take less time. But I run into customers who don't lke where the outlets are located so I end up having to explain why I have to run new cable, drill holes, etc.
These issues ar enot complaints. They are my observations based on experience.
So how do you get around this stuff and be able to complete three installs in "half a day"? Inquiring minds want to know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)