Installer who knows all

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigbw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
Tucson AZ
I had a D* installer drop some equipment at my office today and in the course of our conversation, he made some interesting statements..
1. Tucson will get HD locals in April of this year. Tucson is #70 in DMA rankings (or 71)..
2. D* will be broadcasting all locals in 720P, which is too bad because it is "way worse then the other one"..
3. You won't need a new dish or receiver to get the HD locals..

I was very proud of myself for keeping a straight face while he was telling me all this and and also very happy he was only dropping off the equipment and not doing any installing..

Can you send me this guys name and number?;) He seems to be a level or two ahead of the absolute idiot that first installed mine!:eek:

I used to work as a D* installer. I agree; this guy had an above average IQ for one. Most of them are even stupider! :)

I think "even more dumb" or "even more stupid" sounds best, but according to the dictionary:

stu·pid (st?'p?d, sty?'-) pronunciation
adj., -er, -est.

1. Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
2. Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
3. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
4. Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.
5. Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.

n.

A stupid or foolish person.

[Latin stupidus, from stup?re, to be stunned.]
stu'pid·ly adv.
stu'pid·ness n.

FlyingJ said:
Can you send me this guys name and number?;) He seems to be a level or two ahead of the absolute idiot that first installed mine!:eek:
Didn't you install your own the first time?

I keed, I keed :p ;) :D

Tonedeaf said:
Didn't you install your own the first time?

I keed, I keed :p ;) :D

maybe thats why he said it that way, lol i agree projector, oh the posts we do just to build our numbers, lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)