installer wouldnt go on roof

dlts4u

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 2, 2006
Kalispell,MT
Was suppose to get new dish and HD today ,but installer took one look at location of dish (on roof) with snow and said no-way. looks like i'll have to wait till spring :(. cant blame him to much tho,it would be a heck of a fall.

There may be more to this than meets the eye. Some install companies no longer engage in roof installs due to physical dangers as well as leak opportunities.

I'd have to get hazard pay to go up there in that weather. Then again, I'd have to get hazard pay to LIVE in that weather!

:)

torp

we told the csr that it was on the roof and that it was snowing,but they still wanted to come out and see i guess. maybe we will get a warm stretch soon and it will melt the roof snow:D.

More and more satellite contractors are changing their polices so they won't do roof installs under any circumstances.

You should really consider leaving the base plate for you old dish in place (to avoid leaks) and having you new dish pole mounted. It costs more, but ease of maintenance and the security of knowing your dish won't damage your house pays off.

i care about yall, but im an advanced TSR, and i talk to yall all day on this site, so i know what yall have to go through. NOT ALL of us are idiots

To be honest i was a lil put off by this topic, if you are so ready to agree with what we have to say. Then why did u post it in the first place, and a pic of the location.

I don't care for costumer's that would rather have tv, and let a tech take a risk.

First off you shouldnt have let the original tech put it there.
Plus with those trees ur probaly going to need a second dish, good luck with that one..

I could be out of line, but that's my two cents.

i care about yall, but im an advanced TSR, and i talk to yall all day on this site, so i know what yall have to go through. NOT ALL of us are idiots

i'll clarify, most D* CSR can give 2 sheets about us, while the few E* CSRs here do, but proplly most outher E* CSRs dont.

D* CSR: Why cant you install it today?

Me: well its at the top of a 40 ft Attenna Tower, thats swaying in the wind.

D* CSR: Dont you have a tall enough ladder?

Me: Not to do it safely

D* CSR: Well what will it take to get it done today, Mr Jones insent happy that he'll need to be resc.

Me: I need to go rent a cherry picker

D*CSR: How soon can u be back?

FYI: The tower spot was the ONLY line of sight, guy had 20 ft trees all around, never should of been put in the first place.

Switch test questions

No more signal on 61.5, transponder 27

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)