Installing a 1000.2 w/dp plus as a wing dish? (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

rusty813

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 11, 2011
Hawaii
I live in hawaii, I am currently using a dish 1000.2 to pick up the 110 119. I was having a hard time picking up the 129 sat with the primary dish. So I am thinking about installing another 1000.2 as a wing dish, would this be confusing if 2 dp plus lnbf are communicating with one another?

rglore

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Louisville
You cannot connect a DPP LNB to the input of another DPP LNB. Only DP LNBs can be connected to the DPP LNB's wing dish input connector.

frank c.

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Hilo Hawai'i, U.S.A.
I live on the Big Island of Hawaii,Puna coast. I use a 24 inch dish with a single dpp lnb connected to a dpp44 switch and have no problem receiving 129,this is my wing dish.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
I live on the Big Island of Hawaii,Puna coast. I use a 24 inch dish with a single dpp lnb connected to a dpp44 switch and have no problem receiving 129,this is my wing dish.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

No such thing as a single DPP-compatible single LNB. Most likely a DP dual LNB. DPP44 can handle DPP LNBs though.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

vash1090

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 7, 2009
AZ
Why would you do that? Did you buy a second 1k2 lnb? If it is already pointed you can probably just get a W-bracket and a DP Dual lnv for it. Normal setup would be a dish with just an I-bracket and a DP dual for 129.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts