Question 622 EHD to Hopper with sling

Wdam33

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2003
Louisville, KY
Quick question. Had a 622 with an EHD. Got a new Hopper with Sling. Moved EHD from 622 and Hopper recognized it and I can view all the contents on that drive. However, it appears that I can not move stuff from the Hopper drive to the EHD or vice-versa. I suppose that I have to use the transfer program on the Hopper? Still learning the new system.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Last edited:
Go to Menu, down to External Hard Drive on the bottom row, then you see the Transfer From/To options.

Does it work this way?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

And a big bonus, I am transferring 3 programs at once on the Hopper. Still have not test with even more.
I am move the content of one drive to a new bigger one--it take a lot of time when we talk of terabytes.
This is easier than using 2 722s as I have done, first one in and the other out, then swapping them.
Start moving whole (smaller) drive in by select all or part and start a transfer out on the other drive.
Meanwhile moving some new shows to a third drive and, of course, getting new recordings and viewing.
That's a lot of traffic.
-Ken

Navychop, when I go to the menu, I can see the external hard drive icon. If I click it, I get error window 1003 which says "This is not an active feature." Now, I'm doing this from a Joey in the living room. The hopper is in the rack in the basement.

-Mark

However, I can view and play anything from that external drive. It shows up in the DVR guide as External Drive 1. I just do not seem to be able to transfer recordings back and forth.

-Mark

You can not transfer to and from anything but a Hopper. That's where the software is. That said, I find it interesting that you are able to see the EHD plugged directly into a Joey....

Hey Bobby:

No, the EHD is plugged into the Hopper. I'm trying to transfer recordings to/from the hopper to the external hard drive. I'm just trying to do it via the Joey in the living room. Joey in living room is only hooked to ethernet and MoCA.

-Mark

Thanks for the help, but I figured it out. You have to be viewing the menu on the Hopper in order to get to the transfer menu. The transfer menu does not come up if you try to access it via the Joey's menu system. I figured I could be on a Joey in the house somewhere and transfer things remotely.

-Mark

Thanks for the help, but I figured it out. You have to be viewing the menu on the Hopper in order to get to the transfer menu. The transfer menu does not come up if you try to access it via the Joey's menu system. I figured I could be on a Joey in the house somewhere and transfer things remotely.

-Mark

So, now we know, good on ya for figuring it out....

Nope. Joeys can see the menu but won't do most of the features. Joeys can't even do a check switch test.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)