Installing a 322 receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kazzdog

Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
I already have: quad LNB and wiring to 4 different places in the house RG6 coax. I want to change to 322 and get done paying for 3 extra receivers. I also have regular coax wire run that was used for regular antenna. Here's my question: do I need to run 2 coax from LNB to the 322 and then 1 coax back out to TV2? If so, can I use existing coax that I used for old antenna feed for TV2? And then can I split this with the splitter that came with the 322? Will my smart card from my old single receiver work with the 322? It did not come with one. Also, can I add 2nd 322 receiver?

If you want to use the Quad with the 322 you will need 2 lines from the dish to the receiver. getting the TV2 feed to your second TV is fairly flexible. You can diplex it on one of the satellite lines, or run it as a straight cable. TV2 does not need to be RG6 so your old antenna line would work as well. The "splitter" that came with the 322 is really a separator. It is only used when you have a DPPlus LNB or Switch, to allow single cable runs to Dual Tuner receivers. The 322 has an internal smart card, so leave your old one with the old receiver. 2 322 receivers can be active on an account if you wish.

Thanks, but I don't understand what a "diplexer" is. Can you explain? And I still need a splitter, right? Anything special?

I already have: quad LNB and wiring to 4 different places in the house RG6 coax. I want to change to 322 and get done paying for 3 extra receivers. I also have regular coax wire run that was used for regular antenna. Here's my question: do I need to run 2 coax from LNB to the 322 and then 1 coax back out to TV2? If so, can I use existing coax that I used for old antenna feed for TV2? And then can I split this with the splitter that came with the 322? Will my smart card from my old single receiver work with the 322? It did not come with one. Also, can I add 2nd 322 receiver?

if you are going to keep that old quad; you will need 2 "RG6" from the dish to each "dual tuner" such as that 322. Getting the signal back to TV2 can either be diplexed or you could use that antenna cable perhaps.

can be done on one cable using that "separator" (you called it a splitter) only with a different LNB (must be a pro plus type LNB),

im thinking you should just setup a "dish in it up" upgrade, and have an installer come out and do it all for you?

I am quite capable of doing this. Just wanted to confirm the requirements. I talked to Dish about "dishin it up" and they would only let me have 1 322 dual receiver. So, I bought a new one on Ebay and screw them! Thanks for your help. You told me what I need to know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)