INSTALLING A DISH 1000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

maipiolo

Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Hi Guys!
I've never installed a Dish 1000 antenna, and I will need some advise on it.
Do I need a Birdog to install it or can I use my regular Channel Master?.
Is there any particular subject that I must address in order to install it?.
I installed a lot of Super Dish without any problem, but I've been hearing a lot of things about this new Dish.
Thanks a Million for your assistaance.

I put up a 1000 dish 2 times now, and I don't have a signal finder at all. I use the on screen tone to aim it after I get the settings right. I found as long as the pole is plumb, all the bolts are tight and on the right specified setting, and I have a compass to get it close, that I have no problems aiming it. I know if you aim for 119 that 110 and 129 are not hard to find at all. A good 119 signal is all I look for, and I seem to get 110 and 129 in with strong signal. My problem right now is trying to get a 61.5 wing dish installed and aimed....

Thanks a lot Sponge!
When U said problems with 61.5, you mean installing just one dish to 61.5? If that is the case, give me your location and I'll tell You how to do it.
Thanks again.

your 61.5 in Durant

Hey Sponge!, your 61.5 Sat should be in the vecinity of 126 degrees, with an elevation of aprox 36..

Hi Guys!
I've never installed a Dish 1000 antenna, and I will need some advise on it.
Do I need a Birdog to install it or can I use my regular Channel Master?.
Is there any particular subject that I must address in order to install it?.
I installed a lot of Super Dish without any problem, but I've been hearing a lot of things about this new Dish.
Thanks a Million for your assistaance.

you should be fine with your channel master. the 1000 dish is the same as every other dish, just has an extra lnb or two

Hello, I am having trouble with a dish 1000 peaking. I can get 119 and 129 however I cannot get 110 to come in. I am using a birddog meter. The dish book says to set at 42. I get good signal for 119 there but no 110 any ideas would be helpfull. Norman ok area. 73068

Hello, I am having trouble with a dish 1000 peaking. I can get 119 and 129 however I cannot get 110 to come in. I am using a birddog meter. The dish book says to set at 42. I get good signal for 119 there but no 110 any ideas would be helpfull. Norman ok area. 73068
I think you are a bit too far west and bit too low on elevation.

Shouldn't the birdog tell the difference between the 129 signal and the 119 ect? I moved the elevation from 42 to 45 and didn't seem to get any difference. I went to 39 and had really bad signal. I've since looked at another dish 1000 locally and it is set to 45. I'll try that tomorow. any other ideas?
I think it is an aiming issue, but it is stumping me.

Can the birdog tell the diffence in the 129, 119, and 110 signals? If it does wouldn't that keep me from seeing the wrong sat on an lnb? I've done a bunch of highdef dtv, first dish one.

Iv'e set quite a few 1000 dishes, and the MOST IMPORTANAT THING IS A Plumb mast if you are a 1/4 or 1/2 a bubble out of level you'll pick up 129 instead of 119. That is where I'm locate in Omaha NE DMA area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts