Installing a new Dish Turbo HD Dish

Garfield236

Original poster
Jan 7, 2011
Phoenix
Hello I had the old Dish Pro Dish Network dish, and I know have a Turbo HD Dish Networks dish. I have a couple old receivers and a HD DVR reciever. The old Dish Pro connects to the switch. My question is - the new turbo HD dish has three outputs and a fourth one that says 'LNB In'. Do I just remove the old connections and plug in the three connections from 1,2 and 3 on the new Turbo HD reciever (I think it's called a 1000). Or do I need to be concerned about the fourth connection on the Turbo HD dish?
I also understand I point it to get satellite 110, 119 and 129 correct? :)

Thanks

The LNB in is for a second dish. Each output is for one tuner each. When pointing it, cover the 110 and 129 LNBs with foil. This way you won't get the wrong satellite on the wrong LNB. Get the signal on 119 and peak it. Then do a check switch.

The LNB in is for a second dish. Each output is for one tuner each. When pointing it, cover the 110 and 129 LNBs with foil. This way you won't get the wrong satellite on the wrong LNB. Get the signal on 119 and peak it. Then do a check switch.

Pretty much right, the difference with your dish (probably 1000.2) is that it can run dual tuner receivers also. If you are pointing by covering lnbs, the 119 is in the center but gives direct signal feed out of port 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)