Installing DirecTV problem... ASAP

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Acerone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2003
Long Island
The guy came out today to install my DirecTV but he had no idea what to do. See I live in a apartment and they don't allow anything attached to the building but allow DirecTV. Anyone have some suggestions on what we can do.

Do you have your approval letter from the complex mgmt?

What is saying he can't do or doesn't know what to do?

Give us some details?

Are you saying you know they allow DirecTV?

Are you sure that isn't just the 18" and/or the PhaseIII type?

Are you trying to get a H20/AT9 HD setup and he can't attach the mono poles?

Yes we can have one here but it can't be attached to the building. I suggested that he install it in a bucket and fill it up with concrete something like a patio umbrella stand.

Still no details of what KIND of install; anyway, assuming those could work (depends on the dish); you should already have all those needed extras right? I don't think a tripod, its weights or concrete with 5gal bucket is provided by any installer.

Correct.

"Are you trying to get a H20/AT9 HD setup and he can't attach the mono poles?"

I contacted someone else locale and he coming out later this week.

Have you seen other AT9's with mono poles attached to walls, etc in the complex? If so, get an letter from the mgmt authorising the install. If not, I bet like most other complexes, where dishes are fine as long as you DO NOT use or attach to their property. This is pretty standard; I also have not read about people installing the AT9 in buckets. You might get them to do it with a non-penetrating mount with good added weight. HERE

I just talked to some other installer and he uses the blocks just like the pic in your link. I haven't seen any AT9's in the complex but I think someone has a super dish and that baby is huge.

The AT9 is 25.5" (H) x 29.5" (W) and 32lbs.

The SuperDish is 20" (H) x 36" (W) not sure on the weight.

The new Dish 1000+ is 23.8" (H) x 30.9" (W) not sure of the weight.

Can you please post the weights of those two; and the weights of the Dish1000+ and SuperDish if you have them also. TY

charper1 said:
Can you please post the weights of those two; and the weights of the Dish1000+ and SuperDish if you have them also. TY

Andrews is 36.5
I have to find my weight info on the cali-amp.
DishPro1000+ not even in the same catagory.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Waivers for HD Feed

Flat Cable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)