Installing Dish 1000.4

strak82

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Maine
Hi,

I'm trying to install an eastern arc dish, I'm going from a setup on a Dish 500, and my receiver (VIP 222K) is still coming up as if it's hooked up to the Dish 500, (under installation summary it show sats 119 and 110). Is there any way to reset the receiver or setup the receiver to detect the new 1000.4 setup. Thanks again for any help you can give me.

Yep, all you need to do is connect the dish and run a chech switch. This is an option from the point dish screen.

Yep, all you need to do is connect the dish and run a chech switch. This is an option from the point dish screen.

Ooh, not correct. To make it recognize the 1k4 you first have to run a check switch without the dish connected and save the results to clear out the satellites. Then connect the 1k4 and run the check switch again. Hopefully your 1k4 is pointed already by other means since the receiver won't give you too much help in pointing it. The resulting switch results may say "LNB 3 or 4 Sat". If that is the case you will have to run the check switch again later after the receiver has downloaded software (I would just run it again later anyways just to be safe).

I switch between a 1000 (home) a 1k.2 and a 1k.4 (tailgating) and never clear the matrix between any of them. Works just fine with both the 722k and the 922.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts