Installing Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Timeclock

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 24, 2010
tenn
I have directv and because of the hd change over I am changing to Dish Network. All my DTV equipment is SD I have a DVR and two receivers. I want to install DN myself. I have had DN in the 80's and Directv from 2003 till now and did my own installation. What I would like to do is change my dish/lnb to DN and just replace my receivers at the the end of each cable with DN equipment. What type of dish/lnb and receivers can I use to get sd reception.

I have directv and because of the hd change over I am changing to Dish Network. All my DTV equipment is SD I have a DVR and two receivers. I want to install DN myself. I have had DN in the 80's and Directv from 2003 till now and did my own installation. What I would like to do is change my dish/lnb to DN and just replace my receivers at the the end of each cable with DN equipment. What type of dish/lnb and receivers can I use to get sd reception.
There are no dedicated SD receivers anymore and any new connects are most likely going to be Hoppers or Wallys, if you're not going too record, or want to use your own EHD's for recordingg.

If you're going to switch to Dish, installation is free. Just let a tech come out and do it, so you know it's done right

Thank you for your quick response. If I don't want to take HD,Will the receivers still do SD and will I still get the full package channels in SD. I am looking at America's Top 200.
I don't want to be committed to a 2 year lease. I plan on purchasing all the equipment. I just need to know what I need for a low end, low cost installation.

Thank you for your quick response. If I don't want to take HD,Will the receivers still do SD and will I still get the full package channels in SD. I am looking at America's Top 200.
I don't want to be committed to a 2 year lease. I plan on purchasing all the equipment. I just need to know what I need for a low end, low cost installation.

If you quit the day after the free install the total early termination fee would be $480 which is close to what you'll probably spend to buy all the equipment and do the install properly yourself.

HD is generally free for life and on the eastern arc there aren't many SD duplicates on the 2 regular satellite positions.

All DISH receivers will output 480 on the composite yellow/white/red wires for legacy equipment.

IMHO you should contact your local retailer if you have a good one for more advice and to order the install with all the new customer goodies or buy the equipment. If you don't have a good local retailer you should call DISH directly and get the free install and new customer promotional deals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)