Installing DPP Dual Tuner using DP Technology

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

commie92

Original poster
Feb 27, 2010
USA
hey guys. i have a question.

i want to install a dpp dual tuner receiver using a dp34 switch without running two sets of coaxs into the receiver from the switch.
i know that the dpp separator does not work.

however, i found another switch, it is just a dp 2-way splitter.
with a lnb input and two receiver outputs. can i just use this switch in place of the dpp separator?

thanks.
here is a picture.

Attachments

• DP 2 WAY SPLITTER.jpg
    DP 2 WAY SPLITTER.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 206
no a DP21 will not work you need a DPP LNB or switch to use a single cable on a dual tuner receiver. DP34 is not DPP capable.

that is actually not a dp21.
a dp21 goes from 2 sattelite feeds to one receiver
this splitter goes from one sattelite feed (dp34 switch with 3 feeds) to two receivers. thats why im asking, i know a dp21 wont work.

... can i just use this switch in place of the dpp separator?

No, the ONLY way to use one coax to a dual tuner receiver is to feed it's DPP seperator from a DPP switch or DPP LNB. That splitter is for feeding two switches or receivers from a single DP LNB, a very unusual situation.

Probably easiest to change the lnb to DPP. How many and what receivers? What Dish currently? Built-in switches are better, IMO.

Or if you want instant results and it is accessable, run two lines from your DP34 to your receiver and it will work just fine. DPP just allows both signals on one line instead of 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts