installing two dish how to?

mbruno

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
could some one please tell me where I could find information on how to install an extra satellite dish pointing in the 110, 119 orbit. First let me explain what I currently have installed. I have two receivers, 1). 211 2). 722K and one 1000.4 dish on the roof. From my understanding the 1000.4 picks up 77, 72 and 61.5 orbits. The 722k feeds the main TV and the bedroom, while the 211 feeds ours home office room.

What I would like to do is to get an additional satellite to point to the 110 and 119 orbit, but I am a little confused on what I need to get this to work which is why I am here asking for your help on the matter. For example, do I need a multi-switch or anything like that? Or is there extra hook ups on the back of the receivers for the extra dish on the roof? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

mbruno

could some one please tell me where I could find information on how to install an extra satellite dish pointing in the 110, 119 orbit. First let me explain what I currently have installed. I have two receivers, 1). 211 2). 722K and one 1000.4 dish on the roof. From my understanding the 1000.4 picks up 77, 72 and 61.5 orbits. The 722k feeds the main TV and the bedroom, while the 211 feeds ours home office room.

What I would like to do is to get an additional satellite to point to the 110 and 119 orbit, but I am a little confused on what I need to get this to work which is why I am here asking for your help on the matter. For example, do I need a multi-switch or anything like that? Or is there extra hook ups on the back of the receivers for the extra dish on the roof? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

mbruno
You can only add 1 satellite to your set up. Either 110 for HD or 119 for SD reception. You need to install it yourself or higher an installer to do it for you. DISH will probably install a dish for a price ask them.

yea I kinda of got that. For some reason Dish seems more complicated compare to Directv. For example Direct TV has one satellite dish called the slim line and it picks up all the satellites you need. With Dish if you need to pick up an additional satellite you have to add another dish pointing in another orbit depending on what you are looking for. I understand what everybody has been saying thus far but no one has been able to answer my question yet. And that is where can I find the information to do it myself?

Every time I call dish I always get the run around with them and they always tell me my dish is fine and they will not send some one out to repoint it. I am really starting to wonder why I went with Dish and instead didn't go with cable. I realize that the price is cheaper then Directv and Comcast but Damn is it worth all this fuss just to pick up a few extra HD channels of distant networks!

I am really starting to get disgruntle after only six months of service. I don't think what I am asking for is too much here from Dish.

Dish 500 Installation Instructions:

http://www.dbsinstall.com/PDF/Manuals/DishPro_322_Chapter4_web.pdf

For the HD distants use a D500 with a dual LNB and point at 110. Connect the dual LNB out to the LNB IN port of the D1000.4. To add the 119 satellite would require cascading and external switches and isn't going to be worth the effort. You would have been better off wih 1000.2 western arc install and a winger for your locals if necessary if you wanted the AAD distants.

HD distants from AAD are really quite expensive.

Whats on the 119, 110 that is not on the 1000.4 sats?

Thats also what I would like to know, seems like since 77 is music and I don't need that, maybe I could take my 110/119 setup change it over to 61.5 & 72. If so I could just do away with my wing dish for 61.5, which I now need for locals. I don't have clear sight for 129. Can someone tell me if this would be possible?

Thats also what I would like to know, seems like since 77 is music and I don't need that, maybe I could take my 110/119 setup change it over to 61.5 & 72. If so I could just do away with my wing dish for 61.5, which I now need for locals. I don't have clear sight for 129. Can someone tell me if this would be possible?
Yes, it is. Just search the dishnetwork forum. Type in 61.5/72.7 and it should bring the thread up.

yea I kinda of got that. For some reason Dish seems more complicated compare to Directv. For example Direct TV has one satellite dish called the slim line and it picks up all the satellites you need. With Dish if you need to pick up an additional satellite you have to add another dish pointing in another orbit depending on what you are looking for. I understand what everybody has been saying thus far but no one has been able to answer my question yet. And that is where can I find the information to do it myself?

Every time I call dish I always get the run around with them and they always tell me my dish is fine and they will not send some one out to repoint it. I am really starting to wonder why I went with Dish and instead didn't go with cable. I realize that the price is cheaper then Directv and Comcast but Damn is it worth all this fuss just to pick up a few extra HD channels of distant networks!

I am really starting to get disgruntle after only six months of service. I don't think what I am asking for is too much here from Dish.
Actually you are showing your lack of knowledge about satellite systems. The Slimline does not pickup all of D* broadcasting some locals and their international broadcasting requires additional satellite dishes.
For DISH network you are looking at a very large area of the sky from 61.5 to 148 degree locations so a single dish would be very hard to use. DISH has grouped their broadcasts into two solutions Eastern Arc or Western Arc for most people this works out well. You are an exception having your main broadcasting coming from Eastern Arc and wanting HD from AAD. AAD is a separate corporation that buys space on 2 satellites for their broadcasting. There is no incentive for DISH to do anything for you to benefit AAD.

DISH should install a WING DISH for you at your expense you just have to request the correct thing using correct terminology. This has nothing to do with your DISH Network system this is something you want to pay for as a requirement for receiving AAD programming.

Google should be able to find you lots of posts on your doing a self installation of either a DISH or Directv satellite system.

I actually understand what you are saying but I can not help it if Dish will not give me the NBC HD distant network for where I live. I understand that AAD is a different company but why should I have to pay for Dish's short comings. Wouldn't this be the job of the installer to tell me that I would not get locals and that I need to be point else where.

Mbruno DISH can't give you any distant network signals SD or HD, they were on the wrong end of a Law Suit and are legally prohibited from offering any thing except locals. That loss is why AAD exists. If you want distant HD put your money where your mouth is and pay for the installation and outrageously priced service.

Mbruno DISH can't give you any distant network signals SD or HD, they were on the wrong end of a Law Suit and are legally prohibited from offering any thing except locals. That loss is why AAD exists. If you want distant HD put your money where your mouth is and pay for the installation and outrageously priced service.

I don't have a problem with paying the installer to come out to do the job at all. The problem I have is trying to communicate with Dish with what I want. I have tried to talk their language my language and all the above but I still get told NO! Maybe I am not saying the magic words? Got Me.