Instant Hotspot! Freaking awesome!

Are any phones with hotspot capability able to connect to the internet via wifi and then offer a local hotspot at the same time?

You might ask why would that be needed? Good question and here's the reason- On a cruise ship, they sell wifi internet service by the device. So, if you have two ipads and a phone, you have to buy service for 3 devices. Would be nice to connect additional devices through one device on the account for lower cost.

Are any phones with hotspot capability able to connect to the internet via wifi and then offer a local hotspot at the same time?

You might ask why would that be needed? Good question and here's the reason- On a cruise ship, they sell wifi internet service by the device. So, if you have two ipads and a phone, you have to buy service for 3 devices. Would be nice to connect additional devices through one device on the account for lower cost.
I can do that on my jailbroken iphone 6 via the TetherMe app. it has a "Override Data Source" feature, not sure about if not jailbroken, I have unlimited data plan so I pretty much have to jailbreak to tether at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheForce
I can do that via on my jailbroken iphone 6 via the TetherMe app. it has a "Override Data Source" feature, not sure about it not jailbroken, I have unlimited data plan so I pretty much have to jailbreak to tether at all.

Fascinating! I will certainly look into it before my next cruise. I can tether with the Verizon Family plan, just not with wifi for the inbound. Does it do it via BT? or all with the same wifi radio?

Here are the options it gives you

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1427129482.927427.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1427129370.544067.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts