Interactive Weather Locked?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sdschramm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
NA
Interactive Weather Locked? (pic)

Hi, I was wondering if there is anyway to bypass the interactive weather from asking for the password?

Pic below incase you don't know what I'm taking about (sorry for the camera-phone pic, the yellow bar under the message is the one that says loading selection incase you can't tell)

weatherlocked.jpg

Last edited:
Ive used the weather before but i have never had that screen pop up on me.
Do you have other locks/passwords on your box?
I dont so maybe that is why i have never seen that screen.

I had this problem on a 322 for several MONTHS, until one of the software updates "fixed" the problem (I figured one of the downloads would eventually "fix" the uncommon problem--that's Dish Network, sometimes). I should add that Dish did "hit" the 322 to reset all passwords, but it did NOT work. If you have patience, and other STB's, and you otherwise like the STB you have, wait it out. If you can't wait, then you will have to RMA the unit.

I had an abnormal function on my old 721 that was extremely rare among STB's. I didn't want to RMA the unit. I just KNEW that one of the updates would correct it. It took months, but finally, it was "fixed." Of course, I'm talking about oddities that may affect an extremely small percentage of users, not the known problems that are well documented on boards like these.

Best of luck.

Do you have the SD version of the weather channel locked out by any chance? I ran into this when I locked out all of my SD channels. When I hit the interactive it loads the SD version rather than the HD and if the SD is locked you have to either enter your password or unlock your SD version.

Last edited:
Do you have the SD version of the weather channel locked out by any chance? I ran into this when I locked out all of my SD channels. When I hit the interactive it loads the SD version rather than the HD and if the SD is locked you have to either enter your password or unlock your SD version.

BINGO! That was it! I too had locked all of my SD ch's out, and that was causing the interactive to ask for the password!

Thanks again!
Scott

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)