Interested in FTA System

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ComcastOgre

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
Saint Marys, Ohio
Hello everybody. I now there are many threads concerning FTA systems, but I couldn't find any clear answers to what I was looking for. I am seriously interested in an FTA system. My budget is up to $1000. I'll just outline my questions for you guys.

1. I have seen the list of Free TV and Free radio channels available to the United States on LyngSat. I saw the 3 LNB systems for FTA available on your new gold sponsor's (Sadoun) website. I would like the ability to view ALL of those free TV channels listed on LyngSat, or at least most of them. How do I go about getting the right system to do that? I know I'd probably need a C-Band dish and a 4DTV receiver since some of the channels are digital. What's the right system for this goal? Where can I get it? How much does it cost?

2. Do any local satellite companies in your areas install these systems? I certainly don't know how to do it, so I would need a professional installation.

3. If my idea is impossible, what 3 satellites would the 3 LNB system from Sadoun see? I would love to check out The Tube Network and the Soundtrack Channel, both available FTA according to LyngSat.

Thank you very much everybody for your help.

Hello everybody. I now there are many threads concerning FTA systems, but I couldn't find any clear answers to what I was looking for. I am seriously interested in an FTA system. My budget is up to $1000. I'll just outline my questions for you guys.
Sweet…..someone with a big budget :D
1. I have seen the list of Free TV and Free radio channels available to the United States on LyngSat. I saw the 3 LNB systems for FTA available on your new gold sponsor's (Sadoun) website. I would like the ability to view ALL of those free TV channels listed on LyngSat, or at least most of them. How do I go about getting the right system to do that? I know I'd probably need a C-Band dish and a 4DTV receiver since some of the channels are digital. What's the right system for this goal? Where can I get it? How much does it cost?
The thing to remember on Lyngsat, is that list is the origin in the US. You can only view what satellites are in your area. If its out of range, you can’t see it. The PINK ones are C-Band, so you would need at least a 8 footer. Most of us here use KU band, which has a fair amount of stuff on it. If you check Lyngsat, those are the 5 digit frequencies. Things like The Tube, Ohio News Network, PBS, University Network, etc. I would get a motorized unit, as you can scan the whole arc to see what is up there :D
2. Do any local satellite companies in your areas install these systems? I certainly don't know how to do it, so I would need a professional installation.
Yep…PSB does installation for the Twin Cities, MN area…If you have it installed by a pro, make sure they’ve done a KU band before…..but with the SD now, they might be able to do it. Most people use the knowledge here at Satelliteguys to get the system going
3. If my idea is impossible, what 3 satellites would the 3 LNB system from Sadoun see? I would love to check out The Tube Network and the Soundtrack Channel, both available FTA according to LyngSat.

Thank you very much everybody for your help.
The 3 satellite system would work for 3 fixed locations. Again, a motor would be better (IMO). I had a fixed system and would “ghetto move” it to the satellites. Well, one harsh MN winter changes your idea on that : )

I really like the Tube…its what MTV was 15 years ago.
There are some US Networks on Galaxy 10, PBS on AMC3, and Fox on AMC4.
Come college football season, there are LOTS of college games to see.

As for what you can see, as long as you have a good southern view, you should be OK. I can see from 30W to 148W (probably could get 157 if I tried).

As for a system, I would recommend something like the following
-Coolsat 4000 Pro
-SG2100 motor
-30 or 36” dish (36” recommend)
-Invacom LNB

You can add a DBS LNB and a switch to get the audio on ExpressVu & Dish Network. Also for NASA and Angel One and GOLTv (PSB’s favourite)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts