Interested in swapping addresses (need Canada, have US)

f-reality

Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
USA
Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this, but I did search, it seems ok to post, and I did see one post about this in this section.

Basically, I want to subscribe to ExpressVU. I live in the US. I need a Canadian address. I found a dealer that will ship to the US, as long as I have a Canadian address they can use to set the account up with. I can get a Canadian phone number via voip (most likely will go with iax.cc, since I do have an asterisk box setup). I will use my own name, and credit card, all I need is the address itself. I think I may need the first bill so I can setup an online account (you can just open the bill and read off whatever numbers I need), and if there's any card swaps I'd need that forwarded (will of course pay for postage), but otherwise that's it.

I have an address in the US that you could use to subscribe to DirecTV or Dish Network (just let me know which one, my main address has DirecTV, the other has nothing). As far as locals, you'd get the feeds out of Nashville, TN (basically East Coast feeds). Your basic ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, WB, UPN, and some crap thrown in too. No need to worry about a US phone number, I have some extras that you could use (since I use asterisk, I can set it up to route directly to voicemail, then email you that voicemail, so if it's urgent you can call back or whatever).

If interested, just PM me or send an email. Thanks!

Anyone in Canada would have a problem with locals. Nashville is on a spot beam, and on the same transponder as Chicago and Seattle.

Just figured maybe I could save that $80-$100 or more, and someone else could do the same...oh well. Guess I'll just be sticking with DirecTV then.

I use a broker and so do a few people here :)
If you really want Canadian TV that bad, go with the broker route....

Sorry, I'm just not paying $100/yr for an address in Canada, especially if there's people in Canada needing a US address. A trade just seems logical.

I don't want ExpressVU so bad that I'll rent the receiver, AND pay the regular monthly fee, AND pay the broker fee. A broker is fine for everyone else in the world, just not for me, sorry. Thanks though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)