Interesting article about DN

“At the low end, Dish’s ‘everyday low price’ value proposition suddenly appears vulnerable against cable’s economically advantaged triple play,” Moffett wrote. “At the high end, Dish has been outflanked by DirecTV’s ‘best HDTV’ positioning. Churn is eroding the base.”

This is so true. You know what bothers me, everytime you call the CSRs say: Thank you for calling Dish Network the leader in HD and DVRs". They are NOT the leader in HD and we should tell them that everytime we call.

The only two advantages Dish had over Direc were VOOM and DVR. Without VOOM does DVR advantage matter?

I look forward to seeing Murdoch lance Charlie's heart. The sooner the better. But, then again, I am biased--looking for contract termination.

When I left E* is March all the DishHD channels were still HD-Lite. Has this changed? If not, then they are being beaten on all three fronts: quanity, quality and price.

E* has added a substantial amount of HD channels since March. Most notably locals. Many of the nationals are HD lite as they are with any provider. There is just not that much HD content out there, yet. That said,

Your DVR sucks.

Without VOOM, that really does not matter much.

E* has added a substantial amount of HD channels since March. Most notably locals. Many of the nationals are HD lite as they are with any provider. There is just not that much HD content out there, yet. That said,

Addition of locals only count if you can get your locals in HD.

Addition of locals only count if you can get your locals in HD.

Adding any local now will not help 99% of the population because there are not any more DMAs representing more than 1% of the population left to add. That being said 34% or so of the population still needs locals from Dish. Dish has around 150 markets left to add to cover that 34%...

I look forward to seeing Murdoch lance Charlie's heart.

Murdoch is gone. Moved on, sold it. And described D* in unflattering terms as he went out the door.

Those folks who seem so eager to quickly move to another provider: Are you going to do this every year or two, as "the lead" switches hands? Do you really think E* will stand by and do nothing?

Things are changing constantly. No point in getting upset. Three months from now, things could be way different. And as Eastern Arc comes on line, maybe more HD will come on line. As the months go by, satellites are launched, others are leased.

Charlie still has a few aces up his sleeve. We may not see it, but he didn't get where he is today thru poor decision making. Remember, Dish used to have boxes that were widely thought to be outclassed by D* boxes. Today, we have the finest DVRs. And very few major differences between the offerings. Some, yes. But not as many as 3 months ago. If you need the NFL Sunday Ticket, and are willing to pay the $200 or so, go right ahead over to D*. Otherwise, cool your jets and watch how things play themselves out. The "lead" switches hands, and is even defined differently by different people.

As for VOOM, I think we all wanted them as they could be, not as they actually became. Without assurance of improvements in programming, major improvements, we will be better off with other HD programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts