Interesting cancellation horror story

Inspector

Original poster
Apr 30, 2004
If you are going to cancel Voom, they continue to bill you until the end of the cycle, which lasts until the end of the month. UNLESS...you tell them you want to cancel that very instant. At least according to a Lynn (very, very rude) from customer service.

First off, I decided to cancel because of no local channels, black drop outs and too much Cheap Trick on the concert channel. Momma told me they suck. Matter of fact...too much looping of the same movies, but if I had the locals, I would of hung in there. Well, that is the reasons why I cancelled in case anybody cares.

That brings up the horror story. Well, on 6-2-o4 I downgraded my VaVaVoom to the basic plus Playoby and HBO. Long wait to do that. Yesterday, we decided to just cancel and called them. I waited for over 1 hour this time, until my battery on my cordless phone went dead. Recalled with that stationary phone, and pressed 1...they told me I had to press for customer service. I explained that I wanted to cancel and nobody is picking up...they said there was nothing they could do at the sales...I recalled and this time a sales guy actually got somebody from customer service for me. I cancelled and they told me I would be credited 20 bucks and they were going to pick up the equipment next week. I said the 20 did not sound right, and she said that the computer would be doing it and I'd be billed the correct amount. I hung up without feeling confident in their accounting.

Today, I noticed I still had Voom service. Why? I called again...pressed 1 for sales and talked to a guy that said nobody cancelled my account yesterday. He got customer service immediately, and that is where I met Lynn. Holy crapola...without a doubt the most rude and condescending customer "service" rep I've ever talked with. Here goes...

Why do I still have Voom I asked. Because you have to pay for the billing cycle which ends on the 29th. I responded calmly that I cancelled yesterday, and do not want the system anymore...she said that they have to bill until the end of the month. You can't do that I stated...it's what they do she says. She then puts me on hold, comes back and says they will refund me 20 dollars. I said that is not even close to the amount I need back by mathematical standards. I tell he that I have a 224 dollar bill for two months...everything they had plus Playboy (sorry, but spice clips was a comedy over arousing) and on 6-2, I downgraded...and on 6-9, I cancelled. I came out to 150 bucks...about 75 off the bill. She says, I only go by the bill in front of me. I ask what about the downgrade a week ago...says, by now being the most rude individual I've ever encountered, I CAN ONLY GO BY WHAT THE BILL IS IN FRONT OF ME! I'm shocked, so ask to speak to a supervisor. I get somebody, far more professional, and he proceeds to put me on hold...and after 5 minutes, Lynn returns on the line, directly from hell, where I know she was just at...and then says...now get this...the supervisor said to knock 100 off and you know owe 50.78. Don't have ANY idea how they came up with that, except that maybe the bill was as I figured it out, 150.78...and he knocked off 100 because Lynn was the most amazingly rude and clueless customer service rep since they started taking statistics for customer service reps. No apology for screwing up and admitting she was wrong...nothing. Just annoyance with me, something my wife already provides in abundance.The sup, IHMO, was probably too embarrassed to even get back on.

All I can say is...be VERY careful when you cancel and check your billing out yourself...and hopefully you will not get Lynn.

my billing cycle ends on the 12. so should i now and cancel before they screw up and charge me for an extra month?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)