Interesting CBS streaming twist

Its like where YTTV and Hulu Live does that to markets where there is no ABC in market (like mine)
When I had YTTV ABC was national programming and the fill in programming was their ABC News Live
As example this is the weekday schedule
6-8 Good Morning America (normally its on from 7-9 Central)
8-10 ABC News Live
10-11 View
11-12 GMA3
12-1 GMA3
1-2 General Hospital
2-3 General Hospital
3-4 GMA3
4-5 View
5-5:30 GMA3 (half hour?)
5:30-6 ABC Nat'l News
6-6:30 ABC Nat'l News
6:30-7 simulcast from ABC News Live channel
7-10 Prime Time
10-10:35 simulcast from ABC News Live channel
10:35-12:07 Kimmel and Nightline
overnight its national ABC programming (ABC news)

As for CBS except for NFL it doesnt matter honestly if its a national feed or a local feed. I guess syndicated shows matter too but in my example above the only syndicated show KSTP (MInneapolis) has during the day is Kelly Clarkson (and its on locally on the NBC). Most cities newscasts you can view online

I see a possible future the current providers don’t want. They said they did, but they think their viewers by the….

Total PPV: You want to see episode X, pay $2. $5? Maybe some will pay. $10? Very darned few. Their total control may yield less income.

Reactions: dishdude
I see a possible future the current providers don’t want. They said they did, but they think their viewers by the….

Total PPV: You want to see episode X, pay $2. $5? Maybe some will pay. $10? Very darned few. Their total control may yield less income.

Not sure what you mean. You can already purchase content by the episode, varying the price doesn't make much sense and I'm not aware of any series that is entirely PPV. From a marketing perspective it creates too many extra barriers between viewers and content to be worth messing with.

I’m talking about everything being PPV. No basic package. Every single show you watch, you pay a fee for.

That’s what I’m hoping. Such a decision would be commercial stupidity.

But I’ve seen, at awards ceremonies and elsewhere, some err- “confident” guy declaring we should all pay every time we watch. And some go so far as to say WE are stealing if we skip commercials!

• Angry
Reactions: TheKrell
That’s what I’m hoping. Such a decision would be commercial stupidity.

But I’ve seen, at awards ceremonies and elsewhere, some err- “confident” guy declaring we should all pay every time we watch. And some go so far as to say WE are stealing if we skip commercials!
Im paying in cable fees so commercials are unnecessary. Since these networks are still charging for retransmission.

Over 100 CBS stations pulled and replaced with national feed

The locals that did not agree to the new deal include one’s owned by Nexstar, TEGNA, Sinclair, and Scripps.

Over 100 CBS stations pulled and replaced with national feed

The locals that did not agree to the new deal include one’s owned by Nexstar, TEGNA, Sinclair, and Scripps.
This would be a bigger deal,if Fubo had more subscribers, since they only have about a million, just a blip.

Now if this happen to Comcast with 16 million, it would be a bigger sign.

This would be a bigger deal,if Fubo had more subscribers, since they only have about a million, just a blip.

Now if this happen to Comcast with 16 million, it would be a bigger sign.
Agreed, although with CBS having 236 affiliate stations (plus 15 owned stations), the loss of 100 of them is a pretty big deal for Fubo.

Agreed, although with CBS having 236 affiliate stations (plus 15 owned stations), the loss of 100 of them is a pretty big deal for Fubo.
While CBS owns 15 CBS stations its only 14 markets (KCCW Walker, MN is a straight satellite of WCCO Minneapolis and in the Mpls DMA)
Also there are only 210 DMA's so your number is off. Your number must be including satellite stations. The only market that does not have a CBS licensed to its DMA is Zanesville, OH. Also the only markets I know with 2 CBS's for the DMA are Spokane, WA (KREM and KLEW in Lewiston, ID different owners), Lexington, KY (WKYT and WYMT same owner) and Cheyenne/Scottsbluff (KGWN in Cheyenne, KSTF in Scottsbluff but same owners)

While CBS owns 15 CBS stations its only 14 markets (KCCW Walker, MN is a straight satellite of WCCO Minneapolis and in the Mpls DMA)
Also there are only 210 DMA's so your number is off. Your number must be including satellite stations. The only market that does not have a CBS licensed to its DMA is Zanesville, OH. Also the only markets I know with 2 CBS's for the DMA are Spokane, WA (KREM and KLEW in Lewiston, ID different owners), Lexington, KY (WKYT and WYMT same owner) and Cheyenne/Scottsbluff (KGWN in Cheyenne, KSTF in Scottsbluff but same owners)
The count includes low power repeaters carried on sub-channels.

If you go back to the beginning, even back to the BUD days, many people were perfectly happy to get network TV from alternative sources. People just lied and the dish companies allowed them to get other place's locals and nobody cared. This went on for over a decade until Big Media, via the NAB, finally put its foot down, via the courts. DISH, especially, was recalcitrant in complying with court orders. This is where all the "local into local" spot beam spending came from. Because there are people who can't get TV OTA.

Really the only difference in a local station and just a feed of the network is local news and regionalized football (and CBS would have to regionalize the football it delivers to FUBO, because the streaming rights to games not shown locally don't belong to them). That is really it.

So local news. Nielsen tightly guards local ratings, but one article I did find said that, nationwide the morning local news gets about 2.4M all added together, the evening news gets about 4.1M, and the late news gets about 4.0M. That seems low, but lets double it for argument's sake. That is still just a handful of people, really. One must conclude that everyone else doesn't really care about the local news and they could fill the slot with Andy Griffith reruns for all they care.

But what genius signed a deal with CBS that lets CBS go around the affiliates and sell directly to a provider? This totally changes the retransmission extortion game completely.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Interesting twist in Rapid City, SD
KCLO is a semi satellite of KELO (Sioux Falls) and actually shows prime time from 6-9 (they are in the mountain time zone)
They were given the west coast feed of CBS so now prime time for them is from 9-midnight

Reactions: osu1991
stations restored
Today Fubo and the missing CBS affiliates reached a deal to return local CBS affiliates to Fubo’s live TV streaming service.

This means locals owned by Nexstar, TEGNA, Sinclair, Scripps, and more are now once again on Fubo or will be added soon.

Update: Fubo has confirmed to Cord Cutters News that almost all of the lost CBS affiliates are now back on Fubo.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Make It So Patrick Stewart GIF
stations restored
Today Fubo and the missing CBS affiliates reached a deal to return local CBS affiliates to Fubo’s live TV streaming service.

This means locals owned by Nexstar, TEGNA, Sinclair, Scripps, and more are now once again on Fubo or will be added soon.

Update: Fubo has confirmed to Cord Cutters News that almost all of the lost CBS affiliates are now back on Fubo.
That just means a price hike is on its way!