Interesting New Use for 8PSK Cartridge

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Check this out... Here's another way to use the 8PSK module for your Dish 6000 receiver... With this you can plug you 8PSK module into a FTA (Free To Air) receiver and enjoy all kinds of programming which is up there in 8PSK format.

(What that programming is I have no idea) :)

http://www.linkremoved.com/

An FTA or "Free to Air" receiver is a set top satellite box that can receive satellite channels that are designated as Free to Air. An example of FTA channels on Dish Network include the NASA channel and the Men's Channel.

-Mark

Wdam33 said:
An FTA or "Free to Air" receiver is a set top satellite box that can receive satellite channels that are designated as Free to Air. An example of FTA channels on Dish Network include the NASA channel and the Men's Channel.

-Mark

question:
which band is dish broadcasting at now? is it c band on most of the birds and ku on 105 and 128?

I've got a bunch of dishes w/lnb's laying around and figured maybe I could have some fun (for a couple of hundred dollars)
:D

Smith said:
gredneck, all pertinent information gathering at www.lyngsat.com
thanks,
been looking at some FTA sights, and getting edumacated in FTA stuff.
by the looks of it I might be able to pick up a few intl. channels that I subscribe
to just for my parents ( Iwatch them once in a while)
and PBS Kids an so on ....
probably about $35.00+ mo. in dish charges :D

not bad, I might spend the $200+........IF It Works :confused:

Scott Greczkowski said:
Check this out... Here's another way to use the 8PSK module for your Dish 6000 receiver... With this you can plug you 8PSK module into a FTA (Free To Air) receiver and enjoy all kinds of programming which is up there in 8PSK format.

(What that programming is I have no idea) :)

http://www.linkremoved.com/

That sites does give a bit TOO much information..

It tells people that the $100 FTA receiver I bought a few months ago can be modified to get all of DISH Network's channels without a smartcard!

As the result, I can resell that receiver on Ebay for about $200 or more right now.

I am going to remove that link now. :)

When it was sent to me the 8psk was the top thing on the page, I did not realize that there were alternative motives for the site (It looked like a legit FTA site.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)