Interesting price increase statement found on bill

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skierrob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
I was reading my bill last night for this month, and saw the following note that I found quite interesting. It says:

"If you can establish that the aggregate amount listed herein (excluding taxes) does not accurately reflect the commitment price you agreed to, DISH Network will, in its discretion, either honor the agreed price or cancel your service without assessing any cancellation fee".

Does this mean that, if Dish Network raises its pricing in February, I can call them and ask that they either waive the price increase or cancel my contract with no fees?

If so, does this only apply to California residents or is this a nationwide thing that Dish is doing now?

Or what the heck does this statement mean if it doesn't mean that I can cancel or keep my old pricing in the event of a price increase?

Thanks!

Well we had two price increases this year: one in February for the additional receiver fees that sky rocketed. Then in June they hiked the prices again on basic packs again. So if there is no increase in February, I will be surprised. But it doesn't mean that there won't be another hike sometime in 2011. This is DISH we are talking about.

I believe that in California only if their is a price increase by state law you can cancel the contract with no penalty.

Dish has to give 30 days notice. If you did not concel within the thirty days then you are stuck with the contract.

I am hopeful that there will be no increase in February. So far no buzz of one. :)

Just to add to that last statement:
,and hopefully, it stays that way. :)
I saw on the news that people were dropping both cable and satellite and using OTA antennas only. The people they showed also had SD TVs and were purchasing the digital converter boxes along with antennas.

Just checked my "paper" bill online and see no such wording on mine. It's very possible that it's a California-only thing if there's specific rules or regulations.

Get enough people in CA to confirm this wording and enough outside of CA to confirm the lack of same wording and I think we have the "answer".

My CA addressed e-bill has no such wording, but I'm also not under contract.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts