Interesting stop playback problem.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
I discovered something that did not happen when using my OTA and computer system. Now with Dish, this is an interesting problem. I had a recording running on the today show. Recording from 7 am to 9 am. I started watching the recording about ten to eight. After watching for about one half an hour, I had someone show up that I needed to talk to. So I pressed select and the options popped up. One of them is stop. When not recording this stops the playback and I can shut everything down and go to something else. Well with the Hopper 3 information came up asking if I wanted to stop the recording. Since I did not want to stop the recording, I pressed the no option, or whatever it said. Then it goes right back to playing the recording. It would not let me stop the playback. So what can you do? Just put it in pause and come back later so the recording can finish? Well, that makes no sense. Cannot stop playback when recording and watching. That is nuts. Ever run into this odd problem?

You were asking about a way to stop playback of an in progress recording.
Pause can be used but since there is only a one hour buffer if there is more than an hour left to be recorded playback will resume once the buffer is full.

Reactions: TheKrell
IIRC he should be able to exit the playback and the resume where he left off. I pretty sure Dish added this feature a few years ago.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

IIRC he should be able to exit the playback and the resume where he left off. I pretty sure Dish added this feature a few years ago.

Yup; I use this feature all the time. One of the areas where the H3 is superior to my good ol' trusty 722 which always started over.

To the OP: You can also just turn off the H3 (or Joey) and that will achieve the same thing.

Can't you simply change channels, and then use the Recall button to resume playback of the recording you were previously watching? Or does that not work in a situation like the OP, if you were watching delayed Live TV while it was recording?

Can't you simply change channels, and then use the Recall button to resume playback of the recording you were previously watching? Or does that not work in a situation like the OP, if you were watching delayed Live TV while it was recording?

Still works for me. I use that feature several times/day.

Reactions: pattykay
Pause works just fine. But that does not stop the playback.
I will try the power button and see what happens.
I did discover that doing a pause and then changing channels does stop the playback and not the recording.
Since the reason for stopping the playback is because I have to go do something else, the power shutdown may be the best bet.
Thanks for all the info.

Reactions: pattykay
I discovered something that did not happen when using my OTA and computer system. Now with Dish, this is an interesting problem. I had a recording running on the today show. Recording from 7 am to 9 am. I started watching the recording about ten to eight. After watching for about one half an hour, I had someone show up that I needed to talk to. So I pressed select and the options popped up. One of them is stop. When not recording this stops the playback and I can shut everything down and go to something else. Well with the Hopper 3 information came up asking if I wanted to stop the recording. Since I did not want to stop the recording, I pressed the no option, or whatever it said. Then it goes right back to playing the recording. It would not let me stop the playback. So what can you do? Just put it in pause and come back later so the recording can finish? Well, that makes no sense. Cannot stop playback when recording and watching. That is nuts. Ever run into this odd problem?
I did run into that problem. I'd just change the channel to get out of the recording. And yes, it's nuts

Reactions: RT-Cat and pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts