Interesting test screen

Status
Please reply by conversation.

B.J.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Western Maine
I was tuning around looking for FTA, and tried to get to that Ciel-2 sat at 129.
I didn't think I could get there, since it's down in the trees, and behind my garage, but I managed to pick up a signal (at least before something shorted out my receiver, maybe rain).

Anyway, there is an interesting looking test screen there on VPID 6187, channel 5842. Looks like some sort of nagravision test screen. I don't have a clue of what I'm seeing, but it seems to be real time info, as it has a clock running which is correct.

I'm not sure if this has always been there or not, since I've never tried hitting that sat before, so maybe this is old info. Didn't think there was any issue of this being in public area, since it's just a technical screen, not programming. Doesn't seem to be any audio. I just thought it was a neat looking page of info.

Now, back to figuring out what shorted out my receiver. :-( The Diamond 9000 was working fine, then all of a sudden nothing, says LNB fault, even though I plugged coax into Twinhan and it works fine. Still giving voltage, at least after I reset it.

Hi B.J.

Yes, that channel and a few other engineering channels are on there.

Been there for a long long time, back when it was ES 5 and as far back as 2004 for certain, probably longer.

On the channel you picked up, the screen switches every so many seconds (maybe a minute) and one of the screens displays something about EPG and last build, last sent and when the next to send will be. It it is an interesting screen. I like to amuse my friends with it! Ha Ha

RADAR

Hi B.J.

Yes, that channel and a few other engineering channels are on there.

Been there for a long long time, back when it was ES 5 and as far back as 2004 for certain, probably longer.

On the channel you picked up, the screen switches every so many seconds (maybe a minute) and one of the screens displays something about EPG and last build, last sent and when the next to send will be. It it is an interesting screen. I like to amuse my friends with it! Ha Ha

RADAR

OK, thanks.
Never really went down there to check it out before, because I really didn't think I could see that sat. Sure looks like the dish is aiming right at my garage, or a big bunch of trees next to it, but it must be peeking around the garage through some tree limbs.

Dish was so much on it's side, that I think water got into my lnbf. I went out and banged it to shake the water off, and it seems to be coming back to life on another receiver. Hope my Diamond comes back to life.

In the past I looked for that D129 slate and never found it. I wanted to use it for a 129 marker when looking for White Springs. It's so low on my horizon I need to use the BUD for 129 to even get it. It always takes time to lock in and I wanted a way to be sure I was on target.

I wasn't sure if the Ciel2 was circular or linear polarized. I can blindscan in the scrambled DN channels at 129, but I wasn't sure if the LO was correct. I was guessing I wasn't seeing all the channels because it was circular.

I would appreciate the VPID and APID etc, for the 129 slate if someone has them.

Last edited:
Never really went down there to check it out before, because I really didn't think I could see that sat. Sure looks like the dish is aiming right at my garage, or a big bunch of trees next to it, but it must be peeking around the garage through some tree limbs.
Ciel 2, at 129w seems to have enough power to BURN OFF the leaves, to get a signal through! :eek:

Those test screens use to be on 148 but moved to 129 a while back

kinda interesting seeing them

In the past I looked for that D129 slate and never found it. I wanted to use it for a 129 marker when looking for White Springs. It's so low on my horizon I need to use the BUD for 129 to even get it. It always takes time to lock in and I wanted a way to be sure I was on target.

I wasn't sure if the Ciel2 was circular or linear polarized. I can blindscan in the scrambled DN channels at 129, but I wasn't sure if the LO was correct. I was guessing I wasn't seeing all the channels because it was circular.

I would appreciate the VPID and APID etc, for the 129 slate if someone has them.

Corrado,

I have the engineering channel on Ciel 2 showing up as TP 12.517 V SR 20.000 VPID 6178 APID 6179 PPID 6178 quality 97%.

I also detect the TEST CARD channel on Ciel 2 showing up as TP 12.517 V SR 20.000 VPID 7714 APID 7715 PPID 7714 quality 98%.

These channels are very nice markers to use when searching for White Springs TV on Galaxy 27 @ 129.0W - TP 11.963 H SR 2.929 APID 4194 VPID 4195 PPID 4194 quality 92%.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)