Intermittent 105 with Pixelation

drjohniefever

Original poster
Dec 11, 2004
Has anyone heard of this issue and/or know how to fix it?

On a superdish, the local channels (105) are pixelated and drop frequently.
The signal strength is at 70 then drops suddenly to 40-0 for only a second and comes back up. None of the other channels do this and those signals are over 100

I have swapped out the switch, line to the LNBF and the LNBF and still it happens. I even call Dish Tech Services and they were no help.

The only things left that I could come up with is the Pan or the recievers, but the seem unlikely. Any help would be greatly apprecieated.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

Let me move this over to our DISH Network forum so that you can get the answer you need. :)

Well is the Dish moving, something moving the dish or something moving in front of the dish...

Are the bolts are all tight on the dish and it is not moving in the wind, is there an animal (like squirrels using it as a launch pad) or a tree branch that could almost be in front of it at times?

105 is a weak satellite (new more powerful one going to be there someday soon). It is possible to lose it but keep the more powerful DBS satellites at 119/110.

105 issue

Nope.

It has line of sight. Dish is secure. Arm is plum.

The only things I can come up with is that

either the pan is warped so just 105 is bad or

The recievers are bad with some sort of software bug

or the the line is getting some sort interference that only effects 105 signal

We have chronic problems like this in the Norfolk/VA beach DMA.. we've been told to wait and see if it goes away with time. (their way of saying the satellite has problems and wait till it gets replaced)

We used to experience that problem here a bit and sometimes I will still see it go out on occassion. One of the retailers in the area emailed Dish Network and they changed the transponders that we were using for our locals and it seemed to solve the issue for the most part. It was so bad sometimes that the installers could not even install the system for 105 to get the customers locals in and it was crippling business.

Here is another possibility, as this as happened to mine! Radar detectors! Yea, I live in a apartment complex, and when a vehicle with a detector in it and turned on comes in, I get pixelation. Go figure. I did trouble shooting up the yahzoo to no avail untill one day I noticed that when this one vehicle left, so did the pixelation. I asked the folks that live near me to turn theirs off, and have not had the problem except when someone comes to visit them that has one. But then, I don't watch 105 stuff all the time either.

Perhaps I should test with my radar detector to see if it interferes with it. I know my walkie talkies interfere with them if they are close enough to the wire or receiver.

Mickdog is the shiznit!

Mick Dog YOU ROCK!
Sure enough when the old man came home with his radar on it started up.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :) :yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)