intermittent signal loss

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chrisbob

Original poster
Feb 5, 2012
indiana
so, after a couple hours of trying to aim my dish(replaced a broken dish) i gave up from frustration from not finding a signal. I've never had such a difficult time. I was sitting on my couch listening to the hum of the receiver & trying to calm down before i broke someting. then all the sudden beeeeeep! 75% signal. so i sat there for a minute or two then huuuummmmm no signal again. a bit later beep, 75% signal again. this just continues so I have no chance of dialing in the rest of my sats. I have clear LOS. I replaced the cables too. Any ideas? is it a bad switch? My setup is vip612 with a turbohd dish with a second dish pionted at 129 because i never could find 121. Just to clarify I replaced the second dish because of signal loss freezing. I hope this is enough info.

chrisbob said:
so, after a couple hours of trying to aim my dish(replaced a broken dish) i gave up from frustration from not finding a signal. I've never had such a difficult time. I was sitting on my couch listening to the hum of the receiver & trying to calm down before i broke someting. then all the sudden beeeeeep! 75% signal. so i sat there for a minute or two then huuuummmmm no signal again. a bit later beep, 75% signal again. this just continues so I have no chance of dialing in the rest of my sats. I have clear LOS. I replaced the cables too. Any ideas? is it a bad switch? My setup is vip612 with a turbohd dish with a second dish pionted at 129 because i never could find 121. Just to clarify I replaced the second dish because of signal loss freezing. I hope this is enough info.

Sounds like a bad lnb........

we would need type of dish 1000.2, 1000.4, 500+ and the arc (western or eastern) from here get the details for setting the dish, check mast for plumb also run ck switch once you get a signal so you can balance the dish and you know that you are recieving the correct birds.

What do you need off 121. There is very little there. It's mostly business stuff. Most people on WA use 110/119/129. The dish 500 should be pointed at the 110/119 sats and the side dish for 129. You really need a special dish for 121.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts