internal resets and apps crashing

jct21

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 26, 2018
kentucky
each time i try to watch anything on demand my hopper reboots. the diagnostics tells me there are 25 internal resets for the hopper and 21 for each joey.

are any of you having issues with ondemand crashing?
what are internal resets & is having that many a sign of something wrong? is that related to my hopper apps crashing?

i do reboot my joey3 everyday. sometimes multiple times due to the 0 of 0 tuners available crap. which is really getting on my nerves. each time i call im told its always gonna be 7-10 days and it will be fixed. this has been happing for months.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I'll try an iVOD and see what happens. Worked fine the last time I used it. I just wouldn't accept it when forced to watch the damnable commercials. :mad:

the 0 of 0 tuners available
Could it be a Joey or Hopper problem? It seems that you are constantly dealing with this problem.
It occasionally happens to me, too. (Hopper 3 and Joey 2s). As soon as I turn on tv and Joey 2, I see a statement on tv that says "Broadband connection lost' or '0 of 0 tuners available'. I wait 3-5 seconds, and live tv starts. Since it is not a common issue, I ignore it. What else can I do? The installer brought brand new equipment when I updated few years ago.

each time i try to watch anything on demand my hopper reboots. the diagnostics tells me there are 25 internal resets for the hopper and 21 for each joey.

are any of you having issues with ondemand crashing?
what are internal resets & is having that many a sign of something wrong? is that related to my hopper apps crashing?

i do reboot my joey3 everyday. sometimes multiple times due to the 0 of 0 tuners available crap. which is really getting on my nerves. each time i call im told its always gonna be 7-10 days and it will be fixed. this has been happing for months.
I talked to [a higher up] at Dish yesterday and mentioned specifically you're problem. He concurs that your issue is due to a cabling issue, potentially water damaged connector, damaged or cable that has had the copper electrode scored or damaged, a kink in the cable, whatever, but it's something we both agree is the problem you're having.

If you're Hopper is connected to the internet and you're willing to PM the Receiver number, I can have him take a look at the logs

Reactions: TheKrell
Could it be a Joey or Hopper problem? It seems that you are constantly dealing with this problem.
It occasionally happens to me, too. (Hopper 3 and Joey 2s). As soon as I turn on tv and Joey 2, I see a statement on tv that says "Broadband connection lost' or '0 of 0 tuners available'. I wait 3-5 seconds, and live tv starts. Since it is not a common issue, I ignore it. What else can I do? The installer brought brand new equipment when I updated few years ago.
Broadband Connection lost errors in my experience do originate in most cases with internet connection. Either using a HotSpot or several known Gateways that have been problematic with Hoppers. Offhand, the major cable companies like Comcast, MediaCom, Spectrum, Century Link, some AT&T Gateways, etc.

A good way to test is to disable bridging (/Networking/Advanced tab) and reboot the Hopper and Joey to see if the problem persists

I would see 'broadband connection lost' even though Hopper was not connected to my modem! I had limited Internet package before. Few months ago, I had an opportunity to get limitless service with T-Mobile High speed Gateway. I still see the same warning. Not often. But, I will try your suggestion, Hipkat. Thanks.

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)