International 95W Dish Pointing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

harley52

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2007
I just ordered a directv International DTV66E Dish. Can anyone tell me the correct way to point the dish. I just installed a AU9-S dish and pointed it to sat 101 and aligned it to the rest of the sats. There's not much info on the International 95W sat.

The DTV66E is the International or what you call the World Direct Dish and it does have the LNBs 101 and 985W. So what I'm looking for is where do you point it. Does it point to the 101 sat or does you have to point it to the 95W sat?

Thanks Mr. Smith that's what I was looking for. Since I have my AU9-S up and running would you suggest to disconnect the cables coming from the AU9-S since it points to 101 and just use the 101 off the International dish to get it aligned. and run the receiver setup to make sure that the international dish is tweaked properly to 101 and 95 then hook back up my AU9-S and rehook up everything minus the 101 sat on the international dish. Or since I'm using a Zinwell WB68 multiswitch which uses flex ports 1 for 95 flex port 2 for 72.5 for the international dish. I think this makes sense.

Thanks Mr. Smith that's what I was looking for. Since I have my AU9-S up and running would you suggest to disconnect the cables coming from the AU9-S since it points to 101 and just use the 101 off the International dish to get it aligned. and run the receiver setup to make sure that the international dish is tweaked properly to 101 and 95 then hook back up my AU9-S and rehook up everything minus the 101 sat on the international dish. Or since I'm using a Zinwell WB68 multiswitch which uses flex ports 1 for 95 flex port 2 for 72.5 for the international dish. I think this makes sense.

Nope, if you don't have a signal meter run 1 line from the 101 lnb on the world direct odu. to a basic receiver (HD receivers react slower).
Peak out the 101 (The higher the better)
If you have your setting correct on the dish, and the 101 signal is around 95+. Disconnect the cable from the 101 lnb, and connect it to the 95 lnb. Take the line that was connected to the receiver, connect it to the 6X8 flexport 1.
Run auto detect on the standard receivers. On the HD receiver re-run the guided set-up.

Shouldn't you run the cable from the 95 LNB to flex port 1 then to the receiver?

P. Smith can I run the 101 LNB to the Zinwell WB68 multiswitch and run the 95 West LNB to flex port 1 and still use the receiver to find 101 then find 95? Sorry for the confusion.

P. Smith now I understand what you are saying. The dish came in and the instructions say the same thing. Hook up to a meter or a suitable receiver and point the dish. Then hook up to your multiswitch. Thank you.

HDTV in DTV66E???

Nope, if you don't have a signal meter run 1 line from the 101 lnb on the world direct odu. to a basic receiver (HD receivers react slower).
Peak out the 101 (The higher the better)
If you have your setting correct on the dish, and the 101 signal is around 95+. Disconnect the cable from the 101 lnb, and connect it to the 95 lnb. Take the line that was connected to the receiver, connect it to the 6X8 flexport 1.
Run auto detect on the standard receivers. On the HD receiver re-run the guided set-up.

I have the DTV66E International Dish antenna watching both 95 and 101 programmes. I jsut purchased a HDTV.
My question is can i get HDTV feed from DTV on this satellite?

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts