International Channel for Puerto Rico

orlyPR

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 2, 2012
caribbean
i interest to the international basic package that including Eurochannel and UrbanTrace, there available to Puerto Rico sub, and what dish size to get the signal? Thanks in advanced.

You need a 4 footer dish..(the one Dish used before they started offering smaller dish). You will need to talk to a local dealer here...unless Dish can help out the installation.

The signal is good most of the time...but if its raining 118 will lose the signal for sure (119/110 continues to work in light to medium rainfall).

Did I read the news this morning right? Puerto Rico finally voted to become our 51st state? Perhaps the sat companies will start treating you as equals at last.

Hi Krell

Yes!!! you heard right. Puerto Rico voted to become the 51st state; finaly. We had 3 options Statehood, Independence and the 3rd option was something similar to what we already have but leaning toward beign more autonomous. Statehood got 62% of the vote, independece 5% and the 3rd option 33%. Statehood won on all of the electoral precincts on the island by a wide margin. Let's see what the congress of the United States does about it??????

Exciting times; we haven't added a state since the 1950's. One wonders about that 3rd option. How can PR be more autonomous than option 2 (independence)?

Not to be politically incorrect but do you think the Tea Party Republicans will agree to install headsets in both houses of Congress so proceedings can simultaneously be translated into Spanish/ English.

Might be a smart thing for the Republicans to do if they want to get more of the Latino/ Hispanic vote in the next election.

Based on Puerto Rico's population they would have seven congressmen and two senators. While some of them would be bilingual probably not all of them would be fluent in English.

Not to be politically incorrect but do you think the Tea Party Republicans will agree to install headsets in both houses of Congress so proceedings can simultaneously be translated into Spanish/ English.

Might be a smart thing for the Republicans to do if they want to get more of the Latino/ Hispanic vote in the next election.

Based on Puerto Rico's population they would have seven congressmen and two senators. While some of them would be bilingual probably not all of them would be fluent in English.

Agreed....but all this time they dont have to be fluent in English. Now when the need arrives....they will have to adopt & get used to it. IMO...if we become a State....1st couple of years will see all these issues...after that will be getting to normal.

I've never come up with a good reason why Puerto Rico should not be a state. Might upset some who dislike all things hispanic but that's their problem. Anyway, it's a good excuse for a redesign of the field of stars upon Old Glory.

I've seen the (a?) proposed 51 star flag. The stars form a circular design. I have an image of it on my wall at work.

One third of the island voting against statehood will give Congress pause. Perhaps a proposal can be worked out between Congress & the govt of PR on phasing it in, especially phasing in the collection of income taxes. Then that proposal be presented to the people of PR for a vote, perhaps with a set minimum (2/3?) favorable vote for it to take effect.

I've read Congress has never denied a bid for statehood. Although they did kinda mess around with Utah.

Yep there are several proposals. Hard to post a link or image on the iPad app. Google 51 star flag and you'll find proposals. I particularly dislike the pentagon shaped one.

Congrats (I guess) to our friends from PR. :)

Now with that said lets not turn this into a political debate. If you want to do that please check out our sister site at SonicBabble. :D

i interest to the international basic package that including Eurochannel and UrbanTrace, there available to Puerto Rico sub, and what dish size to get the signal? Thanks in advanced.

I have a 4.5ft dish with a Dish Pro Dual band LNB, DPP44 switch and it works. I would really recommend using a 5.5ft dish because I get too much interruptions on the 118.7 signal in bad weather. I do not know if it would work with any other switch. There is some custom work (drill hole) for the lnb bolt to be installed at the dish lnb base. If you want to I could help you with this installation; PM me if you are interested.

papita said:
I have a 4.5ft dish with a Dish Pro Dual band LNB, DPP44 switch and it works. I would really recommend using a 5.5ft dish because I get too much interruptions on the 118.7 signal in bad weather. I do not know if it would work with any other switch. There is some custom work (drill hole) for the lnb bolt to be installed at the dish lnb base. If you want to I could help you with this installation; PM me if you are interested.

I have a 4.5 dish also. It was using legacy lnb before ( a different lnb only used for 118). Now when I went dpp setup the installer replaced that with a dish pro dual band without any drill hole. That lnb can apparently see 119 also & have a space for putting a lnb for 110 also. As you said it get rain fade quite a lot compare to 119/110

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts