International Channel....GONE

sbsi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
Did Dish Network change the International Channel signal again?

Earlier, all the international channel which I did not subscribe was still on the listing (RED). Today, all of those stations are gone on the listing except for a few "free preview" stations.

If I understood the commentary, much of the uplink report for today involved hiding the international channels from those who can't receive them.

They are hidden from those that can "receive" them but do not sub to them. If you couldn't receive them then of course they would be hidden anyway.

OP, which satellite are this Internationals in red? 61.5 or a core? 118.7 has been the new home for all Internationals for quite some time. I believe that Dish will put a few Internationals on the 61.5 or even on a core satellite in order to promote it to all subscribers, but then the channels are removed as those channels are only available 24/7 at 118. So, yeah, those channels will be hidden for a time one uplinked, then opened for free promotional access, then hidden, again and taken down. Certainly everyone has been migrated to 118 from 148 as the wing sat died, and there is no functioning sat at 148 today. I suspect that virtually everyone has been migrated from 61.5. This means that there really are no Internationals to hide as they are all at 118. Any sub who has the dual-band 119/118 LNBF will see a whole lot of red Internationals at all times, as I do. Hope that makes sense.

Basically Dish hid the international channels. So folks who dont subscribe dont have to see them in the guide (if you show all channels) or for some reason if you are a channel up/down person getting channels that say "you dont sub to them"

So for most folks, channels 600-900 are gone in the guide

In all channel mode when you channel up and down all unsubbed channels in the guide were skipped anyway except PPV so this could not be the reason. Why would anyone have 118 connected anymore if they didn't want to see internationals?

118 use to have some HD locals but they got moved to 129 or 61.5

The removing of Int'l channels also frees up memory in the receivers

I do have a 118 signal. I guess International channel subscribers are upset seeing the channels they subscribe to are free for a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts