international channels changed???

cronaldo17

Original poster
Jun 29, 2006
I subscribe to the luso pack which is a Portuguese package. They recently changed and added a new channel called benfica tv on 739. Based on the uplink report its on 118.7. My satellite is pointed to 61.5 110 119 121. Can anyone tell me how to get this channel. Or if its going to be moved.

I subscribe to the luso pack which is a Portuguese package. They recently changed and added a new channel called benfica tv on 739. Based on the uplink report its on 118.7. My satellite is pointed to 61.5 110 119 121. Can anyone tell me how to get this channel. Or if its going to be moved.

I have a similar problem with a hindi channel. I have the hindi mega pack, and they added a new channel on 118.7 as part of the package, I don't get it as I have the set up as 61.5 110 119 129. I have contacted DISH tech 2 times already, and they have yet to do anything. I am tempted to write to the CEO e-mail address if they don't resolve it soon.

Based on your configuration cronaldo, it looks like you want to convert your 119 110 121 dish to a 119 110 118.7. there is a repoint kit available. I would call dish and bitch them out to make sure you get it for free. After all you are already paying for a channel you are not receiving through no fault of your own.

Call Dish and bring it to their attention. They have a habit of not doing anything for customers until THEY call and tell them they are missing chanels due to a migration. They should and probably will upgrade your dish for no cost to you. Besides, that super dish is an antique anyway and should be taken our of service. That big plastic housing on the front is a great place for bees and wasps to nest and they end up burnng out the lnbs inside of it. See it up here in the midwest all the time. Always spray the dish with wasp spray before any work begins. Good luck.

Call Dish and bring it to their attention. They have a habit of not doing anything for customers until THEY call and tell them they are missing chanels due to a migration. They should and probably will upgrade your dish for no cost to you. Besides, that super dish is an antique anyway and should be taken our of service. That big plastic housing on the front is a great place for bees and wasps to nest and they end up burnng out the lnbs inside of it. See it up here in the midwest all the time. Always spray the dish with wasp spray before any work begins. Good luck.

In my case, DISH has offered to change the satellite configuration at no cost to accommodate the missed channels. I would suggest contacting DISH tech support by e-mail, and then following it up with a phone call.

In my case, DISH has offered to change the satellite configuration at no cost to accommodate the missed channels. I would suggest contacting DISH tech support by e-mail, and then following it up with a phone call.

Update, now they want to charge a $95 tech visit fee! I am writing you know where next!

Update, now they want to charge a $95 tech visit fee! I am writing you know where next!

This is because you are not LOSING a channel. Dish has added a channel to the pack at a different location, but is NOT obligated to pay for the upgrade. Dish will only upgrade people who will be LOSING a channel due to the migration. In this case, no "migration" has occurred in your situation. It make no sense for Dish to add anymore channels to a sat (61.5) that is no longer the internationals slot nor a slot that is is the process of migrating. I hope that makes sense.

My advice is to patiently wait for your official notice from Dish of your FREE upgrade to 118 and all internationals. It won't be much longer as the migration from 61.5 seems to be moving along pretty fast, now. If you wait for your notification you will NOT have to pay a penny for the upgrade, equipment, or labor, EVERYTHING is covered to get you to see the same services you are seeing today.

I had a similar situation as you regarding Eurochannel that was part of the French Bouquet but was available only at 118, but I wasn't going to upgrade at my expense just because I wanted it "now", so I waited a few months, and I got my notification of free upgrade to 118. YES! All paid for. Good things come to those who wait. You will get your free upgrade notice in the mail. Be patient.

My feeling is they are hoping you won't wait, and you end up paying for it just to get the one extra channel. Don't worry, you will probably get your notice before the new year. BE PATIENT, and let them pay for it all. Of course, one you are looking at 118, all channels in your pack will be there.

Keep an eye out for the free upgrade letter from Dish. It will come.

Last edited:
Call up and demand to speak to loyalty dept, they will get you over to 118 for free or a fraction of the cost $15.

Call up and demand to speak to loyalty dept, they will get you over to 118 for free or a fraction of the cost $15.

Dish may not budge on this because they can be STUPID sometimes. This is Dish, and if he wants to upgrade before his approval, then Dish WILL make him pay in some way, as the pathetic $95 tech visit. Dish already has a list of customers they are upgrading, and Dish can't realistically do them all at one time. That is why each account receives approval over time as they make room for more free upgrades and try to get to everyone in an orderly fashion before the channel is taken down. In the meantime, Dish is, as it often does, going to continue to add more international channels, but at the new location. If the OP can wait for his time to come, he should, rather than risk a really upsetting, confrontational exchange with people who may not be able to force the software to put him at the head of the line for upgrades and that may just have him leave for less greener pastures. He will get his free upgrade, but this isn't truly a big deal to cause more exasperation so that one can leapfrog to the head of the line putting someone else who does have approval further down the line. I was in his situation, and I got my notice soon enough and all was well, and not worth dealing with dopey CSR's and transferred calls. My time was more valuable than that. It's was coming to me for free anyway.

Ok now I am totally confused, Dish Network is lucky they are the only ones that offer the luso pack or I would have left long ago. They told me I have to get the eastern arc so that I could get some hd channels i'm missing, but the eastern arc doesn't cover 118.7. For the one new international channel. before i make any changes does anyone know if the rest of the international channels are moving to 118.7. It makes no sense to get one dish just for one channel.

If you have Eastern Arc and Internationals you will get 2 dishes..plain and simple

Had a neighbor sign up for Dish here in Minneapolis and she got 2 dishes (EA & Int'l dish). Thats how Dish is doing it

If you have Eastern Arc and Internationals you will get 2 dishes..plain and simple

Had a neighbor sign up for Dish here in Minneapolis and she got 2 dishes (EA & Int'l dish). Thats how Dish is doing it

But I am betting that once DISH is through moving all the hd off of 61.5 to 72.7 there will be room for internationals on 61.5 again. That way they won't need to do a side sat for 118 anymore in eastern arc installs. I think they will add DISH latino packs to eastern arc also.

But I am betting that once DISH is through moving all the hd off of 61.5 to 72.7 there will be room for internationals on 61.5 again. That way they won't need to do a side sat for 118 anymore in eastern arc installs. I think they will add DISH latino packs to eastern arc also.
That would make the most sense as many Luso PAck subs also have Latino combos - but don't count on Dish to to learn from past mistakes with the international allocations. Luso Pack subs will leave in droves if 118 becomes the only option on the East Coast. From New Jersey north to hilly New England where the majority of EA Portuguese live, the LOS (especially for lower powered FSS delivery) will not work too well at all and making all those folks move off 61.5 is plain idiotic.

118 will be the only home for internationals. The indications are that 61.5 will be a heavy LIL with, perhaps, some other channels. The whole point of 118 was so that Dish would no longer have to mirror internationals and leave the EA for all the other services.

The dish used for 118 is a larger reflector designed for greater signal strength from the FSS. So far, all new internationals and all upgrades have, as Iceberg has stated, been install that include a 2nd dish for EA subs, "plain and simple," as Iceberg said. This make sense since internationals represent a small, but lucrative, number of subs, so the economies work for a 2nd dish for the EA, but certainly NOT for mirroring the internationals at 61.5 as in the old days as that is not an efficient use of the limited bandwidth: using the full capacity of 2 satellites to service a small number of subs. Sorry, but 118 is it.

Thanks for the info DishDubLA.
I hope they reconsider going down that route - it didn't work when they tried it with internationals at 121 FSS and it wont work now as 118 LOS in the East is only marginally better - the only thing that will most likely happen is they will lose thousands of subs.
To go to a single international solution for the entire country they should do it at 110 DBS - but they would have to increase the capacity there exponentially.

Is there a current up-to-date channel list for Dish which shows which channel is on which satellite, the ones I see listed are dtd. Aug. 2010. Can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance. Forgot to mention this is my first post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)